Add additional amount to custom product in cart

Hi,

Our new site is still under development but I have I beleive a simple ask but I can;t see how to implement. I have a custom T-shirt printing business and we allow for some custom orders, for those orders I have a custom product item which is added to the cart once the customer selects the sayings/colours they need.

The problem is, even though I can add this extra product item (the cart has 2 products for the one ordered item) with it's own price $2, it doesn't stop someone removing that additional product and the $2 is then removed from the total.

So the ask is: How can I add an additional price to a product, without having to have a product? I'm looking thru blockcart.js as I believe it there but not sure as I can't see many references to price.

e.g.

Product 1 - $18.95

Product 2 - $2

Both get added to cart making a total of $20.95, but I can remove Product 2 and reduce the price, all I need to do is say Product 1 is a custom order and add $2 to it so the cart only has one product of $20.95.

Hope this makes sense I can provide images etc if needed, as site is offline till I'm complete.

thanks

Andre

• Like 1

Thanks Marty,

In the attached image is a snapshot of my cart, as you see I have 2 products the are identical other than the text colour and saying are different. For the one labelled 'standard saying' it is a fixed price. The other is a 'custom saying' for this one I add an additional product called 'Custom Saying Ordered'.

What I'm trying to achieve is that when a client picks a custom saying (thru the 'Shirt Configurator' popup) then the price of $2 is added to that product, therefore removing the need to add an additional product called 'Custom Saying Ordered'.

The popup stores the customer selection in cookies and then I re-read these back into the AJAX-CART.JS file to process, these following lines is how I get the additional product added.

var idcomb = "";

var qtywant = $('#quantity_wanted').val();

var testcartdata = ":" + pid + ":" + idcomb + ":" + qtywant;

var si_instructions = "Custom Saying: " + si_instructions2 + " | Text Color: " + si_instructions1;

var si_customcost = "Custom Saying Ordered"

ajaxCart.add( pid, idcomb, true, null, qtywant, null, si_customcost);

ajaxCart.add( $('#product_page_product_id').val(), $('#idCombination').val(), true, null, $('#quantity_wanted').val(), null, si_instructions);

I was hoping to just change something here to just add $2 to the actual product cost, but this is where I'm stuck.

thanks

post-116370-0-00359400-1322889444_thumb.png

You cannot change the price of the product unless you use attributes.

You can check out this module http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/, it changes the way combinations work, and let you display attributes as a textbox, text area / file upload (which can have a price impact attached to them).

There is a front & backoffice demo of the module, so you can try it and make sure it does what you need.

• 5 years later...