Arranging home featured products

Jimbola

Hi all,

In the catelogue section under home (which control products displayed in home featured) I can't change the position of how products are displayed. I grab and move the position of each product and it reflects the change in admin but in the shop nothing happens.

I know this does work from time to time, but even for categories trying to change the position sometimes works and sometimes does not work.

Does any one know how to make it work, or which table in the database controls the position?

All help is appreciated.

it seems works fine for me.

I guess somethings is wrong with you back office catelogue page. I guess position adjust is done though Javascript (Ajax). so it could some javascript error prevent the change applied to the database,

You can check if the changes is saved to database ps_category_product

check id_category =1 and position column in your database to see if your change at your back office reflect in database.

Thanks, I see what you mean. Though the positions in the database are fine, still not reflected in the store front. In the end I just copied the latest module of home featured and it seems to have sorted it.

Thanks for your help, at least I know where the position data is. :-)

• 5 months later...

Any paid module for this?

Ours is Version 1.3.3.0

We have "Featured Auction Products" at the top which we will keep as it is. Those products are fetched on Home by "Auction" module. Below that we want "Featured Products" box and beow that "Featured Categories" would come.

I need module which will allow me to choose Products and also Categories [from BO] so that these selected

products and categories would be displayed on Home as "Featured Products" and "Featured Categories".

Products will be displayed on Home with their names, prices and partial short descriptions continued with dots..... No "Add to Cart" button but we may display View button.

Each row [or box] must accomodate FOUR products and i must be able to arrange those in my sequence. Any module which will fulfill these requirements?

Thanks!!!