[SOLVED] How to create a unique theme?

Hello, I want to create my own template / theme.

I searched the whole internet. I searched the whole forum. All descussions end with "modify the css".

Watch this: http://www.bagatelle.../5-cadeau-femme

I belive they did not only modify the .css rather the whole theme and templates.

So, is there anybody having a helpful answer on where to find a instruction on how to modify the template???

Thanks for replying

Edited by Mike Kranzler
Removed inappropriate language (see edit history)

Actually, I would like to make changes that go beyond the CSS. I do not fully understand the template system of prestashop, but I do have the ability to modify the template-files as I want.

Btw. I already gave it up to search for a documentation on the template system for prestashop, but since smarty is used I found some helpful pages.

bagatelle.fr (see example above) is (according to the weekly newsletter) the prestashop of the month. They had modified their shop and are able to show the left column when displaying the category, but when accessing a product the left column is hidden.

I would like to know how to modify my template to hide the left column in the product-view only

Thanks

Hello Mike Kranzler,

big THANK YOU !!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

*EDIT by Adding*

I just tried to modify the templated as described in the comments, it works perfect, exactly as imagined :) I am so happy!!!