External Add to Cart Links

jaimeweb

Hi All,

I am wanting to add a "Add to Cart" button on a external page on my server that is not within my store directory.

The url i have at the moment works perfect however, when the customer clicks the link it opens the cart page in a new window, which i dont want.

I have tried to make a 1px X 1px iframe and direct the click to that, but doesnt make any difference.

The url i am using is like this:

http://www.myshop.co.uk/store/cart.php?qty=1&id_product=428&id_product_attribute=2165&add=1

Can anyone help me a way around this. Anything!

Thanks

Hi jaime,

I'm taking a look at this, and the first thing I noticed is that the method you're trying to use is extremely user-unfriendly. When I clicked on a helmet selection in step 1, it immediately opened a new tab in for the shopping cart without any explanation that I must go back to the original page to click "continue" and select my shoulder pads.

Rather than this complicated process, have you considered using PrestaShop's built-in "Attributes & Groups" function in order to create these packs?

On a side note, take it from someone who used to play and work in football: for the health of players worldwide, you should look into carrying the Xenith helmets :P .

-Mike

Hi Mike,

The problem is, all the products are indivdual items within the shop as well. And they carry stock levels which need to be updated when the customer buys a pack or the item indivdually.

The customer needs to go through some sort of step by step process away from the main shop to create their pack.

this is the problem i am having, it opening in a new window. I dont want it to open any window at all.

Yes! the Xenith are very nice!

Any thoughts?

Well on the Xenith, it is the best helmet on the market, their only flaw being no licensing contract with the NFL. Any player who wants to wear it has to buy it himself, which hurts their visibility.

Oh wait, we were discussing your store! Sorry, football tends to distract me :P .

In order to make these custom changes from a separate site into PrestaShop, you would likely need to hire a developer to do this for you. However, for a fraction of that price, you could try out one of our most popular community-created modules which I think could be exactly what you are looking for:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/merchandizing/1015-advanced-pack-4.html

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi,

just to go back to this subject.

is it possible to do this with a product that has customised fields on it? is there a way i can hard code the input field on a page outside my store and then use the same add to cart url as above?

Thanks