Step by Step integrating wordpress with Prestashop

Understand that it's possible to do it,

And where did you find that understanding?

From here, as it's mention wordpress V2.7 and Prestashop. hope this clear your doubt. :)
http://www.ezytrader.com/product.php?id_product=39

Well, because that is a commercial combination I'll guess you have to contact them and buy that bundly.
At the moment there is no free combination that I know.

That is not a good integration. They just created one directory for wordpress.

Anyone could do this, they just used the same theme and modified it for both wordpress and prestashop.

If you could do better integration, provide us solution, thanks...

That is not a good integration. They just created one directory for wordpress.

Anyone could do this, they just used the same theme and modified it for both wordpress and prestashop.

Can you show me how to do it? Appreciate someone here can teach me how like what i shown in the website?
It's good enough already. Appreicate someone can help me on this thanks

• 2 months later...

From what I can see they have installed Prestashop in the root directory (top level) and then they have installed wordpress in the folder called "blog".
Then they have made a theme for wordpress and a theme for Prestashop that are identical.
It's a nice look, but it doesn't "integrate" anything - it's actually just cross linking back and forth from the two packages.
Notice that the shopping cart, currency portions & all the prestashop code on the page dissappears when you enter the blog part of the site?
It might be a bit confusing to have blog categories and then shopping categories (stupid users!)

I think it's a good looking fake. And it seems to work fairly well. If they wanted to make it work better they could.
If you wanted a true integration, you would also need to then add custom code to wordpress to show the prestashop cart, featured items, etc, when you are viewing the blog. That's a minimum to call it some sort of integration.
You might look at integrating the registration from wordpress to link to the prestashop account code.

Hi readyman,

Thanks for your reply on this. Actually after some thought, i might as well separate both thing at all. But as you mention, the blog will be into my directory which has www.thattoyshop.com/blog. However as i am still working on my website. [increasing more visitors] i have to hold my blog on this

Actually I think it's better to have blog at the top level and prestashop in the second level - but you need to address the issue of user registrations in wordpress and then a new user account in prestashop.
I'm building a site now that will have the blog at the top and then prestashop in a folder called "shop". I'm not allowing registrations for the blog for now, but I might if I can integrate the logins. eg. login in wordpress same as login on prestashop.
It would be too confusing for a user to have 2 separate logins to one site.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I already integrated a Prestoshop registration with WordPress. If you want I can do it for 20-25$.

You can see the example here.
1.- Registration to PrestoShop http://shop.farwestxtreme.com/
2.- WordPress login with Prestoshop mail/pass http://shop.farwestxtreme.com/blog

Regards,

PD: The site is just to show the functionality of the integration.
I also offer hosting http://tips-linux.net/en/content/linux-hosting

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
I already integrated a Prestoshop registration with WordPress. If you want I can do it for 20-25$.

You can see the example here.
1.- Registration to PrestoShop http://shop.farwestxtreme.com/
2.- WordPress login with Prestoshop mail/pass http://shop.farwestxtreme.com/blog

Regards,

PD: The site is just to show the functionality of the integration.
I also offer hosting http://tips-linux.net/en/content/linux-hosting

[email protected]

Hey Danny, after registration, if a user logs into wordpress, will he be logged into the store as well? Or if a user logs into the store, will he be logged into wordpress also?

So instead of logging in twice, one for each site, only one login is required. does your solution provide this?

• 7 months later...

Is it possible to show the WordPress page header, with its top menu, also in PrestaShop? I am thinking it should be possible by tweaking some page template in Prestashop, but which one, and what should I write to call on the WordPress header?

I'm considering this as a simple but good-enough way of "integrating" the store in the WordPress site, since the visitor gets a united top-navigation framework, with "Shop" and "Blog" as menu items.

• 9 months later...

Hello, yes it is possible, we have made exactly the same for a premium prestashop theme that we have released. You can checkout it here:

1. ModernShop - Orange Color Variation

2. ModernShop - Green Color Variation

3. ModernShop - Blue Color Variation

Is it possible to show the WordPress page header, with its top menu, also in PrestaShop? I am thinking it should be possible by tweaking some page template in Prestashop, but which one, and what should I write to call on the WordPress header?

I'm considering this as a simple but good-enough way of "integrating" the store in the WordPress site, since the visitor gets a united top-navigation framework, with "Shop" and "Blog" as menu items.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,
Do you succeed in including wordpress header and footer in prestashop 1.5 ?
I had already call wordpress header in prestashop 1.4.7 but I don't succeed in prestashop 1.5.
I have a wordpress website which in I call prestashop header (CSS/JS).
Now, I would like to include my header and footer wordpress in PS in order to have a shop and a website with the same headers.
I did it like that :
in the FrontController :
public function run()
    {
        $this->init();
        $this->preProcess();
        //$this->displayHeader();
        get_header();
        $this->process();
        $this->displayContent();
        //$this->displayFooter();
        get_footer();
    }

in config.inc.php of prestashop :
// WordPress
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../wp-load.php');

whick allows us to use get_header() and get_footer in PS.

That doesn't work any more. Do you have an idea of what I have to modify to have this configuration ?