Our new store needs some testers

Hi

We just about have our store ready to go live (linked from our main website that is to replace the existing one)

We would love some testers to help us see if all is OK

The site is

www.graphskill.co.uk/prestashop/

If you want to test the purchase system you can use the COD (Cash on Delivery Module) or purchase order

If you would like to really buy something, then please use PayPal or Skrill - and for your kindness you can have a 10% discount voucher: "tester"

We are particularly keen to see how the translations work.

All feedback greatly welcomed

Hi haylau,

Is the product list at the very top of the page supposed to link to specific products? If not, I really don't think it should be the first thing people see on your homepage. As a matter of fact, you might want to replace it altogether with some welcome text, IMO.

And in terms of the translations, they seem to work well except in the French version, where the products appear to be rearranged, leaving a blank spot in the middle of your featured products.

-MIke

Thanks Mike,

the list at the top was just a "This is what we do" kind of think, to help with the SEO of the page. I take on board what you say and will think about either linking them to the categories, or change to welcome text.

The blank spots seem a bit arbitrary depending on what products are shown, amount of text etc, so again i will look a that and see what we can do

It resembles the original template a lot! If you want to stand out in a crown and such a competitive market I would suggest a new theme!

Good luck,

Rob

Hi Rob

It is the standard template, but it actually fits our main page design perfectly. But i take that on board and will look around to see what else we can do

Here's my 10pence worth...

Content

- Too much info on one page for me, can be overwhelming. Perhaps try categorise the main content.

- Right column is also too full.

Aesthetics

- What robkwal said. However I only think it needs a tiny bit of work, as it is functional how it is. Stuff like the grainy logo etc

Hope that helps and good luck!

Here's my 10pence worth...

Content

- Too much info on one page for me, can be overwhelming. Perhaps try categorise the main content.

- Right column is also too full.

Aesthetics

- What robkwal said. However I only think it needs a tiny bit of work, as it is functional how it is. Stuff like the grainy logo etc

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks -

I did not notice the logo - I will sort that out!

Info in the right hand column - agreed. now I have the tbs in the middle I don;t need those so they will go

Not sure what you mean about too much info on one page though? Everything is categorised - can you give me further insight? or is it simply the amount of details we give each product? That is essential given the products we sell

Thanks -

I did not notice the logo - I will sort that out!

Info in the right hand column - agreed. now I have the tbs in the middle I don;t need those so they will go

Not sure what you mean about too much info on one page though? Everything is categorised - can you give me further insight? or is it simply the amount of details we give each product? That is essential given the products we sell

Hello!

Looks alot nicer and cleaner now you've sorted the right column! And the logo looks a look smoother with the white background. Good work :)

Another thing - You've got what payment type you accept twice - on both the left and right column.

Perhaps remove the Paypal/card logo on the right column (vertical_US_large.png) and replace with an ad/promotion. If it was me - Free Shipping On UK Orders over £20 or something. To do this - create an image the same dimensions and upload it to the same path of which that ^ image is located. (modules/paypal/img/vertical_US_large.png)

Footer - Customise it a bit. Removed the Powered by Prestashop (sorry guys!) and change the footer links to the same order you have in your Information block in the lh column.

As for categorising the main content - not essential - i take it back - now its cleaner keep it like it is.

All the best and good luck! :)