Moving homepage text editor from tab modules

lostrisq

I am sure there are more people who came across this.

I do not really want clients to go into the modules section. My opinion is then can do more harm then good in that section.

But I do want them to be able to edit the homepage text editor, or a slideshow.

Is there a way around this? To have them see only certain modules? Or perhaps place the module under the customers tab?

I have been searching on the forum, but can;t seem to find anything about this topic.

Thanks for all your answers.

I know I can give different permissions to different users.

Thing is, I do not want them to see ALL of the modules. And I can only give permissions to either moderate or not moderate ALL the modules.

I think that the homepage text editor should be able to be edited by my clients. But of course I do not want to give them permission to see all the modules (and be able to edit or uninstall them).

I hope I have explained what I mean....

It seems strange that nobody else came across this before. Can't seem to find anything on the forum.

Seems to me that clients would like to be able to edit their homepage and that developpers do not want to show all the 'secrets' of the shop. Clients can do a lot of harm in the module tab I think....

The simplest way is to do this by programming. You can add additional AdminTab to any AdminTab you want, but you need to do some programming with as there is no integration with Admin Tabs in modules you have mentioned earlier. In addition, I think there is no other way to do this even editing permissions and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...