Add to Cart stopped working after upgrade to 1.4.4.1

Just testing the /prestashop/ new installation of 1.4.4.1 before I set this as a replacement for 1.4.1

Everything works fine apart from 'Add to cart' from either the Category page or the Product page when I get

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:

Error Thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]

Text status: error

Despite this, however, the product does get added to the cart and I can increase or decrease the number ordered in Summary.

Plainly I cannot move to 1.4.4.1 until this is sorted, so any clues, please?

Hi Eric,

As I mentioned above, the absolute best thing to do is click on the link I posted above, click "Watch" and then post a comment about your problem to request that this get reopened. If it is reopened, I will personally make sure that we take care of this for you, but I can't do anything unless the developers see a need to reopen it and investigate it further.

-Mike

I have also exactly same problem after upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4.1. But when i access my site 2-3 times within few seconds then it works. After that another problem begins: added product cannot be deleted. If customer changes his mind and try to delete it says it cannot be deleted. I think it's very embarrasing and i'm disabling my shop :(

post-61054-0-65640300-1316770720_thumb.jpg

post-61054-0-57285300-1316770727_thumb.jpg

after reading some tips in the bug tracker that Mike Kanzler suggests, disabling the front office security from Preference has helped to my case. I knew it was something to do with that because adding/deleting product in product category page were working. But the same didn't only in the front page.

Ok now, my shop is less secure than before due to the disabled Front Office Security ? If yes, perhaps i should move back to 1.4.3?

thanks