How do I convert some of these visitors into buyers?

MellyP

Hello!

I have had my shop up and running for a few months now and need some help. I have had 700 hits on my shop so far and not one person has gone on to make a purchase through my shop. Does anyone have any ideas? Not sure if my postage setup is putting people off or if I have another problem of some sort.

My URL is - www.patersonandpaterson.co.uk

Would be greatful for the feedback.

Many Thanks

MellyP

Hi MellyP,

Here are my first impressions:

Too much text on the homepage. You might want to replace some of that with a Featured Products block that shows people right away what exactly you are selling.

Have you considered an option to let people create their own hamper? Maybe let people pick and choose from a list of different items so that they can get exactly what they want instead of trying to find the one that best matches their tastes.

You also might want to consider a more unique theme to make the site really "pop" when people first land on the homepage. Are at the very least, get a slideshow module that will show some of your products near the top of the homepage. Think about the difference in grocery habits between people who are hungry and people who aren't. If the food in the hampers looks good on that front page, you'll have a better chance of creating impulse buys when your visitors are hungry.

I hope this helps!

-Mike

Hello Melly,

As Mike pointed out, I think you should make your shop unique in some way. Regarding the visitors, if they are not targeted to your niche, then you can have 10,000 visitors without any sale. The best traffic is from search engines for your targeted keywords, but if you're website is new, it will take some time to gain some good SERPs. I would advise you to start and experiment with some ads on google adwords or facebook.

Good Luck!

Hello!

I agree with both of the speakers above. You have to make your site magic, outstanding, when comes to design. Now it looks kinda boring. More fresh design is needed. People must be impressed when they come to your site. Then they will buy..

I think you should hire a pro to do a special design for you,

Okey hope it will be okey for you :)