Can you remove Side-bar on certain pages?

Hey All,

I am looking at using PrestaShop software for my ecommerce store however I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping someone could help me with before I go ahead and start using it all. Here are my two questions:

1) Is there an option in the admin area to remove the side-bars from being displayed for certain pages. For example I do not want a side bar on the home page or the actual product page. However I want the side-bar to be displayed in the product category page. Is this possible to do in the admin area or would I need a themed designed to have this?

2) For the product category page can I have the option to display my products in either a thumbnail style and/or in the style of being one underneath each other?

I hope this all makes sense and thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Kind Regards

James

Hi James,

1) No, there is no option in the backoffice, but you can manually edit your theme to not display them based on the current page (Prestashop has a smarty variable $page_name with the name of the page, IE product or index).

2) No, but again, you can create a theme that will have the option to do that.

• 1 year later...