[Solved] Pictures Not Showing Up

Wilmo

Hello everyone.

I am working on a pharmacy website and I am updating the products so that they have pictures. When there is no picture for a product, our logo comes up. However, for all the products that should have pictures, they don't come up. Please see the attachement.

Anyone with any ideas as to what could be the problem? Thanks

post-285032-0-02863400-1315399222_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I was a little rushed. Just to clarify, I am using v1.3 and I tried to upload the pictures using the csv importer and I made a column for "Pics" in which I first put just the file name, e.g. "12345.jpg". This did not work. I then tried something I saw somewhere else on this forum and tried "../picturefolder/12345.jpg". Neither worked.

I appreciate your time in advance.

Hi Berka.Pavel

Indeed, it seems that way. If I go into my catalog and upload a picture from a file for a specific product, it seems to work. It must be the path. Should I use the whole path as in starting with "D:\My Documents..." etc. Instead of just the part of it? What do you suggest? Thanks

Hey guys,

I don't think I am saving my pictures in the right place. I just have them in "My pictures" at the moment, but surely they have to be uploaded somewhere, right?

When I uploaded the picture manually, I just went via the back office, selected the item, then the tab "Bilder" ("Image") and uploaded it from "My Pictures".

Furthermore, I don't have access to any Prestashop directory or php files. I presume my company will have had at some point, but the person who was working on the website has left now. I have been in contact with my webhost, but they are a bit slow in replying. I presume they have access to everything.

I will keep trying. Thanks for all your help so far, and let me know if you have any more ideas.

Wilmo.

Through a bit more research I believe my hands are tied. I cannot acces our webserver. I need to wait to hear back from our webhost and get them to FTP our images into the correct directory. Then I should be able to import them fine on Prestashop. Sound about right?

Thanks Mike.

Tell me if I'm being crazy but instead of uploading the images to the database and then linking them off there, could I upload them to a website such as photobucket and link the URL from there? Just an idea... but may it just work?

Wilmo

Cheers for all your help so far guys.

I'll just let you know where I am.

I have gained access to the server through Filezilla. The problem is the products already actually have pictures. In the attachment above, where the name of the product is, that is actually classed as a picture, just with the location of the link missing. If I give a picture that exact name and put it in the right directory, then it appears there as the product picture.

However, it then only gives me the picture for the Thickbox. So I have to do that for all the types of pictures, i.e. small, medium large etc. Now times this by 1477 pictures, it becomes quite a job.

Any idea how I could make this a little easier and a little less tedious?

Thanks

Wilmo

I´m not sure, if I understand. But if you have access to FTP you have all postup in posts above.

- copy your images into your ftp

- change url path by images (run code in my post)

- in csv files you have column "delete existing images". write 1 for delete existing.

- import file

it should works

Got it!

In the end I think it came down to me not having access to the server and a lack of experience.

I ftp'd the images into the correct folder and imported the csv file again. However, I required no path, just the name of the image (with the correct case). e.g. P11111.JPG.

So rewarding when hard work pays off! Thanks for all your advice and help guys.

Wilmo

• 8 months later...

give this code

<?php
$dir = dirname(__FILE__);
echo $dir; ?>

into php file, where you have the images. it tells you the right FULL path ;)

I'm having the same problem. I would like to find the CORRECT path to use in my csv file. Can you tell me where in phpmyadmin the images are stored? I can't seem to figure this out. I am a newbie and do not know much about coding or databases-- it all seems like Greek to me.

I appreciate your help!