[SOLVED] Upload image on products page to personalize product

cafetito

One of my clients wants to offer personalized folders, note pads, etc. and have users upload their image when choosing a product. For this reason, I'd need to have a file upload field on product pages, and store the uploaded image with the order.

Is there any available plugin handling this? If not, how could I proceed to develop such a plugin manually?

Thanks in advance!

You might be best just writing a module that hooks into the product footer that performs the image upload and writes the details of it to the db (maybe in a new table?). Now sure how you were thinking of tieing things together in the back office however?

Hi tito,

Have you enabled product customization in your Back Office? In the Catalog, select a product to edit and then select option 6, Customization. That should allow you to set the number of customer upload fields for images and text. Please let me know if that works for you.

-Mike

Hi Tito,

I'm glad I could help you. And as for a PrestaShop manual, one of our favorite resources was actually put together by a fellow PrestaShop user! We just did a feature on her a couple weeks ago, and you can find that post (along with a link to her guide) here: http://www.prestashop.com/blog/article/prestashop_success_story_melinda_odom_of_design_hosting/

Enjoy!

-Mike