Update Error

Hi,

Just trying to upgrade from 1.4.0.x to the latest version (1.4.4.1) and on the step 'System Compatibility' I'm getting the following:

Error during install/upgrade: 500 Internal Server Error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You may have to:

Fix the error(s) displayed

Put your database backup

Modify the file settings.inc.php to put the old version for the line with _PS_VERSION_

Restart the upgrade process from the begining

I've followed the update settings by every step - so can't understand where the issue may have occured. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Lee

I managed to get on the server error log and it was saying:

[sun Aug 28 22:33:40 2011] [error] [client 86.146.147.15] File does not exist: /home/****/public_html/en_googlebase.xml

[sun Aug 28 22:16:16 2011] [error] [client 86.146.147.15] File does not exist: /home/****/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.****.co.uk/install/

I've since put an old en_googlebase.xml file in there and also a blank 500.shtml page. Running the installer again, I now get the following:

Error during install/upgrade:

You may have to:

Fix the error(s) displayed

Put your database backup

Modify the file settings.inc.php to put the old version for the line with _PS_VERSION_

Restart the upgrade process from the begining

So now because I've put a blank 500.shtml page in there - I guess the error is the same, the text just isn't showing like it previously did.

I'm stuck, no ideas how to sort this so appreciate any help anyone can give!

Cheers,

Lee

Hi everyone - do you have any suggestions to my problem? I've reviewed the process I took to upgrade.. and it is word to word as to the Prestashop instructions! I've also updated several times previously - I'm just miffed with the apparent 500 Internal Server error!

Cheers in advance,

Lee