PayPal module issues since Presashop upgrade

MikeMc68

Since carrying out the upgrade to 1.4.4 the PayPal module no longer works. I get an email from PayPal to say an payment has been made but I do not get the order showing up in the store. Instead I have to manually search for the customers name and bring up their details. I then find an "INVALID ORDER" in their details and I then click on this and manually change it to "PAYMENT ACCEPTED". This is the only way I can make the order appear. I have deleted and reinstalled the module but still get the same issue.

I have checked my API settings and they are all correct and I have tried every single iteration of the radio buttons in the module to try them all out. None work.

This is driving me crazy and I really need it sorting out ASAP. Every time I do an upgrade on Prestashop both the PayPal and Google Checkout modules stop working and its starting to be a major ball-ache.

Please help.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaney and Juanbv,

What is your PrestaShop and PayPal version ? If you want help, please answers to my questions.

Could try to make an order on your website and tell me if an error occured on the customer part ?

If an error occured, make a screenshot and send it to me.

Hi Fabien.

My versions are:

PrestaShop - 1.4.4.1

Paypal - 2.0

There's no error. Simply, there's a pay by paypal, but there isn't any order in BO.

Thx

Hi, I just look at your module. It's not our module.

You are using "PayPal Fee" made by Webhome.es

$this->author = 'Webhome.es';

I will pass on the fact thaty they mostly fork the original module without letting credits.

You should ask to WebHome.es to debug your module.

Yes, I'm working with that module cause I need to charge paypal fee to customer, and original paypal module doesn´t had that feature.

But whit original paypal module work the same way, doesn`t generate order.

Is there any original paypal module with settings for paypal fee payment?

I'll try to explain you what I need.

When you receive a payment by PayPal, they charge you with a fee of 3,4% + 0,35 €

I need to charge that fee to the customer configurating it in PayPal module by per cent and fixed amount.

• 2 weeks later...

The original module works just fine. What do you mean by PayPal fee ?

Maybe I can add this to the original module if you need it but you have to explain what you need exactly.

Best regards,

Hi, Fabien.

I'm working with original module 2.8 while you update for supporting paypal fee, but that module doesn't generate order when clients pay by paypal either.

:(

If you could help me, please.

I'm not receiving any notification of orders and we use PayPal exclusively - we receive the paypal notification but no notification from our store. No orders are showing up in the store BO either? The customers are signing up and the shipping method shows on the BO customer screen - yet "No order was made from this shopping cart".

This is my configuration:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.5.1

Server information: Linux #5 SMP Wed Jun 8 01:26:17 CDT 2011 i686

Server software version: Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.1.56

Please help??

I've got a similar problem.

With previous version of Prestashop we got notifications from the store with details and 'blank' notifications from Paypal showing the money paid (but no details of the goods).

With this version we get notifications from Paypal with full details of goods and money paid but no notification from the shop at all. The order is showing in the back office so that is OK and we are getting full details from Paypal so can process sales using those details. My concern is if we are getting no notification from the shop we wouldn't know if we got a cheque sale.

We're running Prestashop 1.4.5.1 with Paypal 2.8.2

Hi,

Please upgrade to the last version of the PayPal module (2.8.2) it will certainly solve your problem.

You can download it for free on PrestaShop Addons.

Best regards,

I upgrade the module, but no help. No email confirmation from Prestashop when an order is placed using Paypal - the BO says "No Order made from this shopping cart" when there was?? Please, please help?

I upgrade the module, but no help. No email confirmation from Prestashop when an order is placed using Paypal - the BO says "No Order made from this shopping cart" when there was?? Please, please help?

Hi,

The same thing occurs at my Prestashop web.

Regards.

Hi juanbv, chaney and november,

Could you try to place an order on your website and validate the order to see if there is any error displayed during the order process ? When you valid the paiement on PayPal, where are you redirected ?

There isn't any error. The payment is correctly, paypal send me an email with the payment information and I receive it without any problem, but BO doesn't convert the cart to a valid order.

• Like 1

Same as above, Fabien:

Order goes through, emaIls are sent and no errors. But when a customer goes to the store and makes an actual order - no email, no order in PrestaShop - same "No order made from this cart". Sandbox works great. Actual integration into program doesn't work.

Same as above, Fabien:

Order goes through, emaIls are sent and no errors. But when a customer goes to the store and makes an actual order - no email, no order in PrestaShop - same "No order made from this cart". Sandbox works great. Actual integration into program doesn't work.

Addendum:

Customer is notified that the order did NOT go through. I'm just about done with this program. It simply does not work.

Hi Fabien: The module upgrade did not fix the problem. I sure hope we can fix this because the module is definitely not working for our store. Cannot figure it out. I apologize for saying the module doesn't work - its not working probably because of something I'm missing . . .

Just made a purchase and no confirmation email, no customer confirmation email and no order in the store. Plus I just noticed the shopping cart does not empty after the purchase is made if the customer returns to the store.

I thank you for your help - don't know what I would do without this forum! I love the program, but its so frustrating whatever I am doing wrong!!

Just had another irrate customer due to the shopping cart NOT being confirmed, no order confirmation with multiple orders due to this and have decided to scrap PrestaShop until this issue is resolved. I realize others have no problem, but this is huge for our little company. I am so entirely frustrated.

I just check, you have one of the last version of the module so you should not encounter this kind of behaviour.

I have several questions :

1) Do you see corresponding cart in the section Customers > Shopping Cart that can match with the paiement you received ?

2) Do you know if the paiement was made by credit cart or with a PayPal account ?

3) Can I enable test mode on your PayPal module at 2pm tomorrow (it will be 5am for you so I don't think we will have a lot of order at this time) ?

It's 2am here, so I'm going to get some rest.

Please answer here in way to know what I can do tomorrow morning.

Hi Fabien:

1. Yes, there is a shopping cart in the BO corresponding with the order (that does not show on 'orders' - when you go in you will see none of them do.)

2. I cannot tell you if the customer paid with Paypal or a credit card. All it shows me is that they are verified and confirmed the address.

3. You can enable the Paypal sandbox tomorrow morning, but it isn't a true representation. Everything works fine in Sandbox - its the actual ordering where everything goes terribly wrong. I've received a confirmation email, the cart was empty when re-directed and received a confirmation of an order by email in Sandbox. But when I went in as a customer the opposite happened. If you want to make an actual order, I will refund as soon as I see it.

I just enabled the Google Checkout as an alternative but don't know if that's going to work out - but I'm hemorrhaging sales. We are a two person biz, so that means A LOT. If my [spam-filter] could fire me I think he would.

Anything you can do, Fabien, is greatly appreciated. Does the time difference mean you will only get two and a half hours sleep? Six am is okay - heck, any time if you can help!!

Thank you,

Deborah

Hi Chaney,

1. Ok, one thing that can temporary (very temporary) help you. Validate your cart manually by matching name and amount of each cart with name and amount received on PayPal. It's a very temporary solution but at least you won't be blocked by this problem.

2. Ok

3. Ok, I will first made a test in sandbox I'll see afterwards.

Google checkout is an alternative but I don't think you will have as much customer with Google checkout that you have with PayPal.

For my sleep do not worry, I will make the test at 5am your hour not mine (it will be 2pm here) :)

Thank you - of course the time difference . . . color me embarrassed!

I agree with Google, not a viable alternative. We enjoy not having to store customer's credit cards due to liability. So Paypal is the best solution for us. I look forward to your findings.

Deborah

Hi, i have the same problem like MikeMc68 (1st post). Order is showing up in the store, but in the administration is marked as invalid order only under costumer (i can't see it on orders page).

Maybe you already posted the solution, but I didn't saw it. Sorry.

I have prestashop 1.4.3. and paypal module 2.8.5. (updating the module was first attempt to solve the problem :mellow: )

Hi Chaney,

I send you a PM, it seems that you did not fill the PayPal Password Credential. Could you fill it and run a test ?

Hi Mojcka,

Make sure you copy paste all your production credentials without any space in the module.

Check that your sandbox mode is inactive too.

If it still not working, send me your back office and ftp account, I'll run a test.

Hi juanbv,

Your request is not about a bug but about an improvment of the module to handle PayPal fees.

It's in my todolist but it's not prioritary right now.

Hi Chaney,

I send you a PM, it seems that you did not fill the PayPal Password Credential. Could you fill it and run a test ?

Hi Mojcka,

Make sure you copy paste all your production credentials without any space in the module.

Check that your sandbox mode is inactive too.

If it still not working, send me your back office and ftp account, I'll run a test.

Hi juanbv,

Your request is not about a bug but about an improvment of the module to handle PayPal fees.

It's in my todolist but it's not prioritary right now.

Hi Fabien,

My problem is the same that Chaney, aside the handle of Paypal fees.

When a client pays with Paypal, the program doesn't generate any order.

Best regards,

Hi juanbv,

What occured when you make an order as customer ? On what page are you redirect ? Did any error happens ?

Chaney fixed the problem by re entering production credentials (in particular password field that was left empty).

Please make sure to refill the production credentials and set sandbox mode to inactive.

Hi Fabien

I am about to launch my first prestashop website, i have verison 1.4.5.1

I donwloaded it form the prestashop website and di dnot update or add any modul

Do you think it is safe to use it for paypal and other transactions?

I read the 1.4.6.2 bugs update and there were a few lines about the paypal problem. Do i have to update my webiste to 1.4.6.2 or 1.4.5.1 is just fine ?

PS: I have paypal 2.8.2

Thanks

No I meant PayPal credentials (and I'm speaking of the production ones).

What do you want to use PrestaShop credentials on PayPal ?

Hi, Fabien,

You can't use real Paypal credentials in SandBox mode. At that mode, you must use SandBox credentials, so it can't be the same as production mode.

He does not redirect to your website ? Where the redirection is going ?

It seems very strange to me. Are you sure about you're production password ?

Chaney had the same problem as you and by refilling all the production credentials. If you're not sure can you send me your back office, ftp access and production paypal by private message ?

I am having issues with the connection betwix PS and PP as well. I have upgraded to the most recent PP module (2.8.5) and am using 1.4.4.1

The issue is that PS calculates my cart based on at least 4 digits, such as a calculated 2.5425$ (2.25*1.13 (HST tax)), and I have a requirement of min of 4 purchased, so 2.5425*4 = 10.17. However when PP calculates it, it truncates the 2.5425 down to 2.54 and then the calculation is 10.16! Not a big deal on 4, but what if a cx purchased 120? Then we are THIRTY cents out...

Is there a way to just pass the products and amts to paypal as they come from PS? Can we block PP from doing its OWN calculations?

As well, I have seen in the PP module, that there is an API to set up... is this really required? I watched the video on setting up the API, and it isnt ANYTHING like what PP has now, not as much as I can see... It seems the API is more for SSL setup? Am I right or wrong?

Thanks for your help. Im getting pretty frustrated with this whole process.

You can use the module PayPal only with the e-mail but your customer won't be able to make a Credit Card paiement. Credentials are needed for Credit Card paiement.

For the rounding issue, I was thinking it was solve since PayPal 2.8.2.

Apparently you have found one exception not handle yet. I'll take a look as soon as I can.

He does not redirect to your website ? Where the redirection is going ?

It seems very strange to me. Are you sure about you're production password ?

Chaney had the same problem as you and by refilling all the production credentials. If you're not sure can you send me your back office, ftp access and production paypal by private message ?

Sent you.

You can use the module PayPal only with the e-mail but your customer won't be able to make a Credit Card paiement. Credentials are needed for Credit Card paiement. For the rounding issue, I was thinking it was solve since PayPal 2.8.2. Apparently you have found one exception not handle yet. I'll take a look as soon as I can.
Problem is resolved :)

It would be cause API password. At first time we installed PayPal module, if we filled that field occured an error and no payment was done, but now, filling it, works fine.

Thanks for all, Fabien.

When you can do something about payment fee, we'll thank you :)

Best regards.

Hello all.

Fabien, i need you help. Paypal, bankwire and COD aren't working at all. All i get is a blank internal server page when i try to complete the purchase...

Help please!

By the way, i am using (what i believe) the latest versions of all modules and prestashop.

Thanks

Hi Fabien,

Sorry for the delay. I am going to talk with the hosting provider. If they can't solve it out, may i contact you directly or something? It's just because the Tell a friend, COD, bank wire and paypal features are all giving me the same error.

I think that if i get one working, i'll have all fixed as well...

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have the problem for the second time, first problem was with 'mistercash' . The plugin is provided by sisow.nl and its for clients from belgium. The actual payment is done to the payment company'sisow', but in the back office it tells 'no order on this shoppingcart' the second time happened just a few minutes ago, with paypal. In the check out procedure, when I click the confirm button , it stays on the page. It should be redirected to the paypal . No payment possible.

The shoppingcart is registered, the client also, but it tells 'no order on this shoppingcart'

Its clear that its not located on paypal or mistercash , but somehow an order cannot be made, could this be a carrier problem?

Payments by bankwire is possible.......

Thanks

Frenk!

I'm pretty sure this issue is due to wrong rights on files.

Yes, you can come back to me if your hosting provider is not helping, but they should be able to help.

Hello, fabien, I have this issue that paypal doesnt work. I run presta 1.4.7 and on the the page with the confirm button to pay with paypal, it just stays on that page. At first a client wanted to pay. I see the shopping cart in the backoffice, but there is "no order on this shoppingcart is the announcement".

I have had a error message from paypal on the sandbox as followed:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-02-23T16:25:02Z

CORRELATIONID -> 6a249f0950ddc

ACK -> Failure

VERSION -> 60.0

BUILD -> 2571254

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Before 'paypal respons' the lines of the CURL method paypal uses were succesfull

I have renewed my api credentials several times, without succes. I have had the same problem in another store with 'mistercash' ( a belgium payment gateway) but there actually the payment was done, but in the backoffice it only showed the shoppingcart with no order on that shoppingcart.

To me its a big mystery, might it be a configuration of localization or carriers. And also..should the permissions of the module be changed?

Thanks

Frenk

Hi,

I have error in paypal module version: 2.8.5 and ps version 1.4.6.2

in paypal i successfully make payment and receive notification from paypal that i receive the payment. but in order details, there is a warning.

Warning: RM 0.00 paid instead of RM 8.42 !.

When I login to my paypal account, the transaction is there actually. can someone help me.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am using 1.4.7 and have Paypal module 2.8.5 which I believe to be the latest and still having problems with orders not showing in BO. I am getting notifications from PayPal but it does not register as an order. I have to go to carts to find what the order is.

Hope it can be sorted.

Barry

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have just installed the PayPal 2.8.5 module in my Prestashop 1.4.6.2.

So far I was using realex payment rather but now decided to add PayPal option.

But the problem is that in my shop many fields (city as well) are not required when registering and I get this error msg. from PaypalAPI:

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address City is required

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Have I to add this field as required for clients or maybe I can modify module to make it as not required?

Best Regards

• 2 months later...

I've just come across this exact same problem, email from paypal and no BO order.

Prestashop 1.4.8.2

Paypal 3.0.7

I can see where in the module I can add my paypal credentials!

Also, since I've now got a half dozen orders not in the BO, how do I do this...

1. Ok, one thing that can temporary (very temporary) help you. Validate your cart manually by matching name and amount of each cart with name and amount received on PayPal. It's a very temporary solution but at least you won't be blocked by this problem.

I can't find any way to manually validate the carts...

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Whats causing this in PayPal

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-26T15:17:48Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error