[SOLVED] Object expected

I am using the latest 1.4.4. My site is working perfectly in all browsers except the IE. The error shown in IE as below

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:09:14 UTC

Line: 227

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://url../tools.js

Line: 1

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1

can you help? Only in IE gives problem. I hate IE

Hi bedum,

There's nothing wrong with hating IE. As a matter of fact, this article spread like wildfire around the world until it was found to be a joke.

As for your actual question, can you please post your link so that we can check it out for you?

-Mike

Thanks for the reply. Yes IE is terrible..

My link is HERE

It works fine with all browsers except IE.

Hi bedum,

There's nothing wrong with hating IE. As a matter of fact, this article spread like wildfire around the world until it was found to be a joke.

As for your actual question, can you please post your link so that we can check it out for you?

-Mike

The code is having error at the first line $().ready(function()..but i failed to solve this.

//On dom ready

$().ready(function()

{

// Hide all elements with .hideOnSubmit class when parent form is submit

$('form').submit(function()

{

$(this).find('.hideOnSubmit').hide();

});

});

But i am surprise why your IE does not have this error shown. All my friends IE are having this error prompted .. Did you change the setting by hiding the error msg?

I don't hide error messages because I ONLY use IE for these sorts of situations... it would kind of defeat the purpose of having it installed in the first place B)

-Mike

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I'm still not seeing any error messages, and we tried it on multiple machines here in our offices. Have those errors you're seeing caused any problems with the functionality of your store?

It seems does not post any errors in my shop. Basic functionality are still ok as far as i can see. I was just wondering should i just remove this code

//On dom ready
$().ready(function()
{
// Hide all elements with .hideOnSubmit class when parent form is submit
$('form').submit(function()
{
	$(this).find('.hideOnSubmit').hide();
});
});

For the time being, it might be best just not to touch anything as long as your business isn't being harmed. If you begin to notice issues with retention on your website, it could be worth messing with the code, but for now, I don't know if the risk is worth the reward if removing any of the code creates a setback somewhere in the store.

-Mike

For the time being, it might be best just not to touch anything as long as your business isn't being harmed. If you begin to notice issues with retention on your website, it could be worth messing with the code, but for now, I don't know if the risk is worth the reward if removing any of the code creates a setback somewhere in the store.

-Mike

I am not able let it be as the message box keep prompting each time when any page in my site is clicked. Unless i uncheck the "Always show this message for error" in that error messagebox. My customer complained that my site is not secure as always see error..

I think i know the reason why. I tried to change to the default prestashop template on 1.4.4.. the error is no longer shown.

BUt when i changed back to my template.. then the error shows again. :(

Any idea how i can debug my theme template for this error on IE?