Buy one get one 1/2 price?

• 3 weeks later...

Under the admin page, click on Catalog, click on your category, click on your product, and click edit. Once in the product, click on the Discounts tab, then you enter "2" in minimum quantity, then "50" in Discount Value and make sure "By %" in Discount Type is selected. Click Save then you're good to go. When a customer orders 2 of your product, they'll get one free with a purchase. If you want half off, then change "50" to "25" and it will register it as half off.

Under the admin page, click on Catalog, click on your category, click on your product, and click edit. Once in the product, click on the Discounts tab, then you enter "2" in minimum quantity, then "50" in Discount Value and make sure "By %" in Discount Type is selected. Click Save then you're good to go. When a customer orders 2 of your product, they'll get one free with a purchase. If you want half off, then change "50" to "25" and it will register it as half off.

Good suggestion!

• 1 year later...
What if they you want to add a buy one item get another at discount can you do it if they are two different products in the same category?

For Version 1.3 by default that is not possible. There is a add-on one can install which will do that. But be warn it involve messing with the core files and since Version 1.4 is just round the corner I myself would not do it right now. Maybe version 1.4 beta 2 can do it but that is beta not final hence shouldnt be used in a live production at the moment.

• 4 months later...
Isnt there any module to buy that when the customer buy 3 product, they get the third product for free (the cheapest one) ?

This is exactly what I need. Have you found anything yet?

EDIT:

OK, I have decided to write this myself. I have set up a backoffice page that allows you to set how many products {$qty} you have to buy before you get the cheapest free.

So I see the logic required in the cart as follows:

1) count the total {$total} number of items in the cart
2) divide $total by $qty {$count} and lose the remainder
3) sort the cart products in descending order of value
4) total the value {$disc} of the last $count items on the list
5) add $disc to current discount

If anyone can tell me what hooks to use I should be able to do the rest
  • Like 1