New fonctionality : Allow external server for downloadable product or media!?

jessicate

HI,

I didn't find a " feature request" topic so i post here:

At this day were amazon S3, google storage and anothers begin a real powerfull solution for exernalise médias like photos,download product, .. Why prestashop not allow to putt some files and downloadable products on amazon S3 or another serveur?!

In forum there are lots of request for this sujet.

Some people around and me think(sadly) to change and move ecommerce solution for magento who ever aloow this function since

2years..

Do you plan or project anything for?

Thanks for answer and lights,

Jess

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, I'm surprised that they don't support URLs to file for downloadable products. I had to write an entire module to support a dynamically generated downloadable product last year and became intimate with the way it works.

I think the problem lies in the fact that they use the getfile script to facilitate things like download and access restrictions. It may be able to be modified but I am not sure. I do know that a module wouldn't be the only thing that would need to be done, here.

yes using and supporting an CDN is actually the only way to go and should be somewhere on the top priority list!!

thi sis not only for big companies.. but also for small shop who try to have a fast shop globally.. like customers in the stats you do not want them to wait for 10 seconds.. even if you have the fastest server in the world then still a sinlge server would still be too slow if you do not use an cdn.. its a must so please, please implement proper support for this!!!

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...