Godaddy shared linux server problems

I'm haveing troublle installing prestashop. I unzipped it and placed the files/folders in my root directory. I also created a mysql database. I navigated to my website and get a 505 error.

There was no php.ini file in the root directory to edit the library.

I tried removing the files and readding them and I'm still getting the same error. I also changed the permissions to 770 like some of the posts suggested. Still cant get to the site.

Please help.

I'm haveing troublle installing prestashop. I unzipped it and placed the files/folders in my root directory. I also created a mysql database. I navigated to my website and get a 505 error.

I tried removing the files and readding them and I'm still getting the same error. I also changed the permissions to 770 like some of the posts suggested. Still cant get to the site.

Please help.

i use godaddy and didn't have any trouble other than the sitemap issue (see my other thread if you have any issues with sitemap not showing up)

i didn't have to change any permissions to get the install to work properly.

i'm assuming you're not using the freehosting...(?) and are typing yourwebsite.com/INSTALL

The details are in her post. How about giving her some advice with actually solving the problem.

If I knew the answer to her problems then I would have added them to my post.

I have never heard of or encountered a 505 error, and i am not a server techy so don't have a clue about php.ini files or what is in them.

No,I'm not using the shared hosting. I'm using the shared linux hosting. And I'm navigating directly to the site where the directory has the prestashop fies. (It's actually in my root dirctory). It doesn't work that way or with the /install

I'm so frustrated.

Please help.

i use godaddy and didn't have any trouble other than the sitemap issue (see my other thread if you have any issues with sitemap not showing up)

i didn't have to change any permissions to get the install to work properly.

i'm assuming you're not using the freehosting...(?) and are typing yourwebsite.com/INSTALL