Can't access admin area

I installed prestashop 1.4.3 amazing script , everything works fine and no problems.

suddenly today was trying to access admin panel , i keep getting For security reasons, you cannot connect to the Back Office until after you have:

- deleted the /install folder

- renamed the /admin folder (eg. /admin369)

Please then access this page by the new url (eg. http://www.domain.tld/admin369)

As i said that used to work fine before , no install folder and admin folder is changed to something else.

So what is that?

Thanks

After you have installed prestashop, you need to go to your cpanel delete the install file and then rename your admin folder, so chnage it from admin to admin11.

I installed prestashop 1.4.3 amazing script , everything works fine and no problems.

suddenly today was trying to access admin panel , i keep getting For security reasons, you cannot connect to the Back Office until after you have:

- deleted the /install folder

- renamed the /admin folder (eg. /admin369)

Please then access this page by the new url (eg. http://www.domain.tld/admin369)

As i said that used to work fine before , no install folder and admin folder is changed to something else.

So what is that?

Thanks

help, i've the same problem, i've delete the changelog, readme, install folder, and rename the admin but it doesn't want to direct me to admin page >.<

this is what i get after login from the admin page.

Not Found

The requested URL /prestashop 1.4.4.0/admin11/1/ was not found on this server.

how come it is searching for folder 1 =,=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After hours of pulling my hair out, here is THE SOLUTION:

1. Via FTP access your admin folder (renamed folder where you used to access to your BackOffice);

2. Open/Edit 'login.php' file;

3. Find (Prestashop 1.3 the line #114, Prestshop 1.4 the line #148 or something) next:

if(file_exists(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../install') OR file_exists(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../admin'))

4. Replace it with

if(file_exists(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../installl') OR file_exists(PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../adminl'))

5. Save. Try to log in to the BackOffice as you used to.

Oh mighty magic of the code! =)

The solution was to add some random letter to the folder names that are being checked (I added one more L). If you take a look in the code, it says IF those folders exist, then show the error message, ELSE let you login. So we just told them to check un-existing folders =) I might be slightly wrong in something, but that worked.

However I still wonder howcome this issue just popped up after 2 years (in my case) of using the very same PrestaShop site.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to reopen this thread but I've got the same problem when trying to log in into my prestashop admin.

I have latest version of PrestaShop 1.5.6.

/public_html/amaricatti/psadmin/login.php

I assume is I am supposed to edit code of  "Login.php", now when I open it, I see nothing, it's just empty file with no code inside… 

I am really frustrated with this issue.

I hope someone can help me out .

what you changed in this file?

have you tried with various browsers?

I haven't really changed anything except I have uninstalled prestashop and then reinstalled it thinking that it would fix my other issue , but this happened instead, I am attaching screenshots of what i see in my file manager, hoping that someone can help me fix it or find the problem.

one of the attachments shows what's inside login.php which is where I am supposed to change code by renaming it I assume from reading above.

post-722124-0-99482900-1383142495_thumb.png

post-722124-0-76095500-1383142566_thumb.png

• 7 years later...

What's up everyone ... I ran into this mysterious problem just a second ago and even renamed the folder.  Prestashop still has that opensourcy like feel and it's spastic with installations(installed a test last night, went through flawless... installed today, ran into the 67% AND this problem!).  Now have a mysterious issue that I renamed the folder, my FTP is picking it up as "admin" but the folder I'm working is (the name I called).. weird.. but it works...

I wish Presta checks and tests files fully before they shove it into their packs.  Shouldn't have this issue especially for people's business.  I have not a clue how it can go from not working at all to magically working minutes later with no changes.  (I edited this because I realized I was editing a completely different folder omg).

Edited by Anthony P (see edit history)