[Solved] Installation problem

Hi from argentina... i get this message while i try to install presta on my site...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /www/sapodanglada.com.ar/htdocs/install/languages_manager.php on line 5

CAN YOU HELP ME WHIT THIS....

THANKS

regards

Sapo

¡Hola sapodanglada! Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

Fortunately we already know about that error, documented in a French thread here.

The error is due to the fact that your Website's hosting server is using a version of PHP inferior to version 5.0.

PrestaShop requires PHP 5.0 or later to function.  Either your hosting provider must upgrade your PHP version to 5.0 (many will if you ask), or you will have to find a new hosting service that will run PHP 5 (relatively easy to find).

In the meantime, you can read about the latest PHP versions here.

Let us know if upgrading to 5.0 doesn't solve the problem, or if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

Updated to add: After upgrading to PHP 5.0 or later, you may have to add an .htaccess file (or modify an existing one) in your root directory with the lines:

<Files *.php>
php 1
SetEnv PHP_VER 5   
</Files>

JEJEJ... me again... actually now is working.. there was a problem whit my hosting provider...

let me tell you that i am working whit presta in spanish so once i finish the translations i will send you the translations...

If you need anything in spanish (helpm support, design) let me know it... i hope that i can make somthing for the presta team .. im really happy for this store.. it is amazing....

take care guys...

Sapo

Hola!... i still have the same problem.. i had php 5 on my hosting but anyway im still having the same problem...

do you have any idea of why...?

Regards...

Saludos

Sapo

Hi Sapo

The problem is that your host provider have activated php 4 by default on your website. So to fix it, you just have to ask him how to switch to php 5 and do it ;)