Wordpress-like image library???

ForgottenMindset

Hi, if anyone here has used wordpress, you know that when you add a picture to a post (or product), you open up the image or media library so that you don't have to re-upload the same picture tons of times and waste a lot of space on your server.

Also making WAY too many image download requests treating them as totally different images, when it's all just the same one (making caching inefficient).

Anyway the whole thing is really fine for a regular store where every product has a unique image, but for my online music store, for the image I reuse just a few different types of logos for product images (CD logo for all sound tracks, One Album Art logo for several songs.. etc.). It's really stupid that I have to re-upload the same image for each product which is over 100. I use the csv import to know what file to upload, but it's still making hundreds of images that are exactly the same.

Is there a simple way to re-use the same image for the product image of several products?

• 8 years later...
On 11/24/2019 at 10:23 AM, tuk66 said:

It is a quite rare requirement. Anyway, I did this once by adding parent-child links to products and loading images from the parent product.
In this particular case, this reduced the space required for images from 40 GB to 1 GB.

That's really huge! Thanks for sharing tuk66.

What do you mean when you say "parent-child links"?