Help with FedEx Module 1.4.2... "Fedex Webservice seems to be down"

Im am trying to use the FedEx module, but everything checks out except step#3 which says "Fedex Webservice seems to be down." Im not sure exactly how the webservice works, but I generated a key, gave it a description, gave permissions.

I get this error:

Prestashop could not connect to FEDEX webservices :
Fedex Webservice seems to be down, please wait a few minutes and try again.

I would appreciate some help with this issue. I really want to use this module...its long overdue.

Thanks a lot.

gdinari

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Anyone know how to correct this? I thought maybe prestashop is pointing to the wrong area? Does anyone know where I would go in PS to change the location its pointing to? I got all info from fedex where we should be trying to connect but dont know how to see where PS is trying to connect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Fabien, did you end up solving this issue?

I have the exact same problem. If I change something in the API key, password, etc it says authentication failed, but if I get everything right it says "Fedex Webservice seems to be down, please wait a few minutes and try again".

I signed up today for both test and production. I'm currently trying with my production data, pointing to the default URL that comes with 1.4.3, which is gateway.fedex.com... I tried changing it to ws.fedex.com (As the email from Fedex said) and I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Now when I tried my testing credentials it gave me this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in G:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop\modules\fedexcarrier\fedexcarrier.php on line 1693

And when I try again:

If I change the settings at the bottom (default pickup, default packaging, delivery service) I get this error:

Error :

Edit: I changed my address information and now it works. You really have to improve the error reporting =D I wonder if the previous version worked as well and it was just the error message that threw me off. THANK YOU for your hard work Fabien!

I successfully configured the module, and now I'm testing it in my shopping cart, and it's kind of crazy. I configured it to show only Fedex 2 day and standard overnight, and it's showing really weird behavior.

Once when I hit refresh it didn't show either option. Then I increased the quantity of a product and it showed one option, I reduce the quantity and it shows both. It seems to change the prices every once in a while. Through all of this I'm making no configuration changes.

I just cleaned my cart, picked a product, and only Fedex 2 day shows. Why doesn't standard overnight show? Why isn't it consistent?

I sent you my store details again.

Edit: I changed my authentication information to production, and edited to wsdl file to ws.fedex instead of wsbeta.fedex, and now it seems more stable. I've yet to get the issue with different carriers showing up all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Im am trying to use the FedEx module, but everything checks out except step#3 which says "Fedex Webservice seems to be down." Im not sure exactly how the webservice works, but I generated a key, gave it a description, gave permissions.

I get this error:

I would appreciate some help with this issue. I really want to use this module...its long overdue.

Thanks a lot.

gdinari

Did anybody checked this fedex webservices module

http://www.prestasho...k-with-ps-1441/

Hi reeecheee,

The last version of the fedex module has been released on the SVN (the last bug has been fixed).

It works on 1.4.x (and not just 1.4.4.x like the other module which seems to be a copy of my module).

You can download it on the SVN or on PrestaShop Addons in a few hours (Fedex Module v1.2.3)

Best regards,

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

[JustAnAdvise]

You said "Starting to get really frustrated now - no one seems to know a solution to this problem." but it's the first time you post about this problem here. It's a bit quick to say that no one know a solution to your problem ^^

This kind of post won't encourager others members to answer you.

[/JustAnAdvise]

Many bugs were reported to this module, all have been fixed. But it's the first time I heard about this one.

"Service is not allowed" seems to be clear to me. One of your delivery service is not allowed with your address or your package. What options did you check ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fabien I tried again and still no luck. I downloaded the newest version and tried to ftp the fedex folder and also tried to install a module but it doesnt work. I have no clue how to install a module. I go to upload one and it wants me to choose a file. I tried choosing the entire fedex file but it wants an individual file. I cant get it to work. Any help would be awsome! Im trying to get my site live this week finally!

Hi reeecheee,

First, as it is told in your back office, you have to upload a zipfile which contain the module directory, it seems that you are trying to upload unzipped file.

Second, once the new module uploaded, you will have to uninstall / reinstall the module.

Third, be sure to use production credentials. The module is not compliant with test mode.

If you respect these three points, you module should work without any problem.

Best regards,

If you uninstall and reinstall the module it will clear the cache, you have no other cache to clear.

If it still not working it means that your fedex credentials (fedex api key, meter number, ...) are the ones for test mode.

Call fedex and ask them production credentials, they will understand.

Hi,

I make a test with your credentials on my localhost shop it worked perfectly.

I tried on your install, and you were right, it didn't work. I take a look at your PS and it seems that openSSL is not enabled on your host server. I improved the module and now you can see what options need to be enable.

So the solution : ask to your hosting provider to enable open SSL. We will be able to see if the option is enabled directly in the module.

Best regards,

It's normal. PrestaShop works only with PHP 5.1 and upper.

So if your hosting provider enabled it for PHP 4.4.9 only, it won't work.

If you want to know if open SSL is enabled, go in your fedex module, there is a flag alert now if it's not enabled.

Ask your hosting provider to enable it on PHP 5 you're using for PrestaShop.

PS : Why did your write your answer in uppercase ?

My server guy said my htaccess file is different than the normal PS ht access. Ive had 3 different so called programmers try and customize my site. Im thinking maybe this is the problem why nothing works right. Any ideas?

I had someone make a custom checkout so you do go through paypal. Currently I have a guy customizing for integration of tracking numbers and other info...any thoughts are appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

lol ok I made some progress finally. My host has it enabled but when I called him today he noticed 2 different php versions on the server and one was not enabled. The fedex module now says its working but.... all options are showing as available on the site and all options are saying they are free. Any idea's?

Thanks for helping me BTW. I know this has been extremely a pain in the a$$!!!!

Hello everyone.

I've just entered all the dfata into fedex module, but when saving module says:

"Prestashop could not connect to FEDEX webservices :

No error description found"

I even updated the shop to the newest 1.4.6.2 version, and fedex module is 1.2.5 version. I use production info.

Can this be fixed?

P.S. question mainly for Fabien:)

Hi prhps,

Are you sure using Fedex production credentials ?

Hi reeecheee,

Great news !

I got fedex data from the link you suggested here(the new link to register the api etc), and assume they are production.

Also, attaching screenshot of the module settings page:

http://dl.dropbox.co...fedexmodule.jpg

Maybe its something to do with server configuration? we are using shared hosting on www.ipage.com

Hope to get some help here:)

post-297395-0-36011200-1323791488_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I have the same problem :

I have apparently (as said my hosting provider) soap enabled on my server, here is the php.ini extract from cgi-bin :

[soap]

; Enables or disables WSDL caching feature.

soap.wsdl_cache_enabled=1

; Sets the directory name where SOAP extension will put cache files.

soap.wsdl_cache_dir="/tmp"

; (time to live) Sets the number of second while cached file will be used

; instead of original one.

soap.wsdl_cache_ttl=86400

but still have my yellow warning in admin fedex module.

How can I resolve this issue ???

I discovered my issue with FedEx. I was using the wrong password. When you get the account moved over to production, you have to use both the information on the screen, and in the e-mail they send you. The e-mail doesn't contain all the information that the confirmation screen shows.

Hi dturbin,

If the yellow warning still appears, it means that Soap is not enabled or not installed.

The options you talked about are soap options, it does not mean that soap library is enabled.

Please see with your hosting provider, he will be able to help you.

Hi jellybeankids,

Glad you solved your issue :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...