store icon on store map is noot transparent

help i need some help here

any png/gif with transparent background that i uploaded through "admin panel>preferences>appearances>" will be auto transformed into white background

so what i did now is upload the png/gif manually through ftp to the img folder, everything seems to be fine (including preview after upload, store icon is transparent) except when i goes into "store" in CMS all my store icons r shown in white background again, i need them in transparent background can i plz get some advice?

regards
Danny

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

better and safer option is to go to the main "img" directory (not the theme img directory) and upload your transparent gif and then overwrite your logo_stores.gif file... the transparency will now work.

If you have multistore (I have 3) you will have to overwrite more... for me , logo_stores-2.gif and logo_stores-3.gif

Simple and no coding!

• 1 month later...

Are you trying to make it png or gif?   I am still using 1.5.6.1 and it is working.  I am not sure about 1.6.0.6

Just make sure you are changing the logo_stores.gif file in the img directory in the main directory of your store (not in your theme).

good luck!

• 2 months later...

Other option is probably to change preferences->images

Then change quality to "use png for all images" and save

Then press regenerate images button (same page)

My 2 cents,

Pascal

One should avoid using pngs for large images since they are way heavier. This solution is going to convert all your product images and not just the store icon which is not what you want. PrestaToys's solution worked for me. I tried overwriting the server image with a png that I renamed as a gif and that also worked fine for me.

Edited by ZiadJ (see edit history)

• 5 months later...