New product image directories incorrect security

Hi every time I add a product to my shop the image is not available:

You don't have permission to access /img/p/5/1/51-large.jpg on this server.

I have to manually go into FTP and change the security of the new folder to 777 (the new folder is created with security 744 and the image as 664).

When I manually update the security - there is no problem.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi I'm really under the kosh to get my shop up and running for a client by tomorrow. Can anyone shed any light on why new directories and files in my img directory appear with incorrect security?
Thanks in advance!

Hi I have uploaded a new product to show you the problem.

I use the friendly url thing.

so my new product image does not display:

http://malfordoflondon.com/251-large/borsalino-grey-linen-cap.jpg

points to here:

http://malfordoflondon.com/img/p/2/5/1/251-large.jpg

As you can see the security is incorrect.

Can anyone *please* give me some advice :(

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Hi I have been talking to my hosting company - this is definitely a bug / problem with Prestashop.

All of my images are uploading with the incorrect security.

Can anyone please give me any advice or pointers. None of my new images work. Every time I create a new product I have to manually go into my FTP client and reset the security of all the directories in img.

Thanks in advance

My hosting company does not allow 777 on their directories and so the best I can do is recursive 766.

When I add a new product the image does not display as the directory it creates is security 744 and the file it creates is 664.

If I change that file to 775 I can view it.

I can confirm that this *did not* happen with Prestashop 1.3 on the same host.

I can not use the shop as is so would be greatful for any help.

Hi has anyone got any ideas? My host 123-reg said it's definitely an issue with Prestashop.

What part of the package dictates the security of the new directories that are created when I enter a new product?

my img directory is secured 775

Can anyone please give me any pointers? This is the only thing left which is stopping me from setting my site to live.

Thanks

Hi is there anyone able to help with this issue please?

This is the reply from my host:

"Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 30th June 2011.

Im afraid as suspected the results back from our engineers are inclusive as it does not look like a server issue we can assist with, Images are not executable, and therefore shouldn't have the executable bit set. The only other difference is that the images aren't group writeable (but they can be read) so this shouldn't cause any issues.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Mark"

I am so desperate for *any* help.

Hi my hosting has now refused to help any more with this.

It only happens with product images. Subcateogory images upload fine and are viewable publicly.

Have I forgotten to secure something properly in my install?

Once again I'd be very grateful for any help - I am getting pretty desperate.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm in a bit of a situation here as the store is meant to go live tomorrow for the client.

Is there anyone out there at all who can give me some help or suggestions? My host is now saying it is a problem with the script as it does not happen to all images (category images for example).

I would be so grateful for any help.

Stephen

OK I have managed to figure out something:

My images are uploaded with security 744.

This means that they *should* display but they don't!

If you browse to them you get:

"You don't have permission to access /img/p/5/3/6/536-home.jpg on this server."

I have to secure them with Execute permissions to get them to display - this does not seem right. Can anyone else comment?

Thanks in advance

Hi is there any chance any of you could check the security of your product images when you add a new product?

If they are the same as mine and you can view them - the problem is with my hosting.

If your images are secured differently then it must be a problem with PrestaShop.

Once again I am really desperate for *any* help on this subject. I have contacted the PrestaShop team but have thus far had no replies.

Stephen

Having EXCATLY the same issue AND with 123-reg! Have you sussed this out?

Nope - they will not help as they say PrestaShop is 3rd party software - which I guess is correct. They seem to think it's an error with the scripts.

I'm also having problems getting SSL up and running and I am told this is also a 123-reg issue.

Have you tried opening a support ticket up with them? This might get them to investigate further.

Stephen

Aha! Can help you with the SSL issue after pulling my hair out over that one last week! You need to change all ocurrances of $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’]) to $_SERVER['SSL'] - this is in FrontController.php and also in the admin log in file.

Plus add:

if(!empty($_SERVER['SSL']) AND $_SERVER['SSL'] == 1)
$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 1;

to config/config.inc.php. Se my bug report here: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-2485

Have opened a support ticket with 123 about the permissions issue as it is clearly their problem. I asked them to changed the default file permissions and they skirted around the issue with the usual it's not our sooftware excuse.

In version 1.3 and even 1.4.2, they did not use the new filing system for product images (implemented in 1.4.3) - a new directory is created everytime a product has images added to it. I have started another thread to see if I can revert to the old system since 123-reg are so utterly unhelpful!

Don't know if you've been following the bug report but a solution has been offered. Apparently Prestashop already tries to set the file permissions automatically, but 123-reg won't let it! The only solution is to revert back to the old system (there will be an option in the next version apparently to do this easily) - see my bug report for the files: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-2548

Of course this is easy for me to do since my client hadn't yet uploaded many images...