Transaction fee

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have code to do a fee for minimum charge. Let's say a customer only orders $10.00 of product. If I set the minimum to $25.00, they will also be added a $4.95 charge on their purchase.

I'm going to submit that code with the code I've been working on to have a free shipping cost RANGE and free shipping weight RANGE.
Note, Who in the world offers free shipping ABOVE a certain weight?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ha, ha... you made me laugh out loud MrBaseball34. You are right... "who in the world offers free shipping above a certain weight?"
Can see the advert now. "Free Shipping on orders greater than 99 kgs!"

Anyways to make a comment regarding adding costs to a transaction because your customer chooses PayPal or credit card instead of bank wire. I think as a shopper that would turn me off a bit to buy from that particular shop. I recommend building the cost into the price of the goods, if that is not possible due to competitors pricing, then offering a discount on the price if they choose bank transfer.

I have seen this done quite often in Germany where if you choose to pay by bank transfer then you are given a discount of 2% to 3%.
I guess the psychology of gaining a discount is more appealing than being given an extra fee. Even though in the end it is the same cost.

Thanks,
Lisa

• 5 years later...