[Solved] Removed Sub-category Pictures - picture placeholders to far apart now...

Hey folks, I’m using 1.4.2.5.

Removing the subcategory pictures mentioned here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewreply/472540/ works great changing the coding in the category.tpl file! But changing the coding in the global.css file does not make a difference in bringing the subcategories closer together (Am I correct in thinking that in 1.4.2.5 global.css it’s changed to “.inline_list li” not “ul.inline_list li”). There’s still a lot of spacing between the subcategories (see attached photo)…any ideas to work with 1.4.2.5?

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions!

JTLS

47800_jSFJQCP2EEcp0vPQZ13K_t

Remove from ..your theme/category.tpl this code. Around line 65.

{*

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
                       {if $subcategory.id_image}
getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="" width="{$mediumSize.width}" height="{$mediumSize.height}" />
                       {else}

{/if}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

*}                

Try this..

rocky's hack works fine, but I would bring two changes :

1/
In the .tpl files, instead of using
<!-- and -->
to comment some HTML code, it may be better to use the smarty comments :
{* and *}
The difference is that the HTML comments will remain in the page source code and can be seen.

2/
in the global.css, I would put instead :
ul.inline_list li { float:left; text-align:center; width : 100px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top : 30px; margin-bottom : 20px}

(line 67)

Thanks, although I haven't tried your code because meanwhile I found a solution for this problem:

just change the height in category.css to reduce spaces between subcategories:

body#category #subcategories li { height: 136px; width: 108px; margin-right: 3px }

change the height to 70px or whatever you want...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, the above given code is not functioning in my Site (Prestashop version 1.4.4.1). Actually I don't have pictures of all product and sub categories. So I want to disable the pictures for Sub Categories and for Products). Can you perhaps help me?

Regards,

Manandhar

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

From another thread on this subject:

You can change the "no image" picture in Back-end under the Tools tab -> Languages. You can see the list of languages used in your site. Click the edit link of the language which you are going to change the image. In a "No-picture" image field, browse and select the image you want. Lastly, click save.

Hope this will help you guys and to others looking for the same solution..