[Solved] Installation stuck on 1.4.2.5

Hi everyone,

I am installing a brand new prestashop on my server, it stops on step 3.

After I entered all DB details and click "Verify Now", it shows me "Database is connected." in green font. Then I click "Next", it shows me "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt" in red font and not going further. This is weird (connection verified then tells me no database). Can anyone helps me please? Thank You!

-Ian

Hi there

I am getting exactly the same problem...I've checked the tables in the db and they are all there and the connection is fine. All write permissons are working.

Anyone any ideas would be really useful about now please.

Cheers

Hi,
If you are stuck on the database configuration page, look further down the page and you should have an error message telling you that a database already exists with this prefix.

You have 2 options:

- install PrestaShop in an empty database (it should not contain any table). This is the best option.

- enter a new table prefix in the configuration screen, for example "myshop_". This makes it possible to install a new PrestaShop version in a database that already contains a PrestaShop installation.

Hi

Yes I checked that too. So I deleted all the files of FTP and now it works and takes me to the next window where it stops again. So when I press the next button to finish the install nothing happens. No error message at all.

Thanks

Hi there

I've learned a valuable lesson today read the instructions carefully and every bit of small text you see. When I got to the final set up page it asks you: 'Receive notifications by email'. Then a note on the install sheet that says: If you do not request this summary, you may be blocked in the subsequent steps.

When I unticked it I was able to get complete set up. Which made no sense at all.

To billiebob, great to hear you installed yours successfully. But I think we met the same problem but caused by different reasons. Mine is still not working.

To Thomas, thanks for your advices mate, unfortunately, I am running the installation based on a fresh brand new empty database, there are no tables in it at all. Without the prestashop, I can create and drop tables, or insert, alter and delete any data as I want by either using SQL script or many kinds of MySQL admin program. There are no other messages show up other than the one I got. BUT, the installation of 1.4.1.0 and 1.4.0.17 runs all good. I guess 1.4.2.5 hates me~~LOL

Cheers mates!

Hi,

Same problem. Everything is new. My new database is empty (no tables) and the test button is OK. When I click "NEXT" the database is created (162 tables) no error message... but it doesn't go to the 4th step !.

If I click "NEXT" I get a error message about prefix ("already exist").

Same problem and i don't guess what is wrong.

Hi pseudopresta,

Thank you for your information. I found part of the solution in the topic you suggested above. Here is my story.

My remote server is a windows server, running Windows Server 2003, IIS7, PHP5, MySQL5, the write and read permissions are enabled by default. If I just upload my prestashop and run the installation, it will pass the system requirement check automatically and going into step3 then stuck. BUT, if I change those permissions to disabled, the installation will stop on step2 and showing red crosses, THEN, I change those permissions back to enabled, the installation will go normal and never stuck again. That's embarrassing. I don't know what's going on but it works if I do so, otherwise, it will stuck there forever.

BTW, I am using latest Chrome.

Thanks everyone. Thank you so much for all of your helps!