Need Advice On Upgrading to 1.4.2.5 and TemplateMonster Theme

I have just purchased a Theme from TemplateMonster which contains a dump.sql file that MUST be imported into the my-sql database in order for the theme to display properly. I am about to upgrade to 1.4.2.5 and don't want to lose all of my existing products.

Should I import the dump.sql file after upgrading?

Will this overwrite my products on the database?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

David.

First you need to confirm the theme compatible with 1.4.2.5, even I don't think there is much changes on the theme.
As for the dump.sql, it depends what kind of changes it make to the database. You can open the dump.sql to see what tables it changes. It changes table does not related to PS, then it should be OK.

If it is small file, you can attached it to this forum so that someone could give you some advice.

I just check the sql file. It drop PrestaShop tables like category.

I think it is dangerous to run this script. I will empty those tables and populates the default data.

It also empty configuration and re-populate with default data.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ps_configuration`;

CREATE TABLE `ps_configuration` (

Also it will change back the old database table structures if there is any changes made the your upgrade.
(I didn't compare the tables structures, because it will take me some time)

Usually the theme should not depend on the database structure, as long as it compatible with 1.4x.
So you can have try to use it without running the dump.sql, just copy the theme to the themes folder and install from your back office. But I can not guarantee it 100% work.