adding product images fails sometimes

I have just opened my new prestashop store version 1.4 It is really easy to adjust everything to my satisfaction. There is however an issue that occurs when I add pictures.

I create a product, fill in the price, weight etc. etc. Then I save the product. On the TAB "images" I browse to my local folder and upload an image. I tick the box that says (do you want this picture used as cover) an"d save.

When I look at my shop, sometimes everything is OK, picture is used in "new products" in "catalog" and the the detailscreens at the product details. But...most of the time the picture is not placed. It doesn't give a questionmark, but a Link to the picture, when you click on the link it says that it can not load the picture at this moment.

Then I start messing around with the pictures, (adding one extra, move one up in sequence, remove the picture, add the same one twice) and most of the time this resolves the problem. Adding productpictures takes me 10 minutes for each products. The pictures I use are 5-40kb size and different of resolution, but since prestashop resizes everything to the scale that is used this should not matter.

Anyone who have had the same problem, I would be very gratefull getting this problem solved.

Thanks in advance, John,Voorschoten, Netherlands

• 2 months later...

Hi John,

if I understood you well I have the same problem. I can not upload a file to a new product. PS writes that the change was made, but the picture is not anywhere. Please any advice thanks

Míra of Bohemia

Mira,

I received the email, but you are still not providing the correct information. You are trying to upload a photo of a product, correct? Please send me that product photo, NOT photos of the process. If you cannot cooperate and send the correct photo, I will be forced to close this thread.

-Mike

Hi Mike, I want you again apologize for the delay. I'm really an amateur. But something still was not. I wrote to my hosting and they advised. I accidentally deleted the tmp directory and session. Again I created in FileZilla and everything works just fine. Thank you for your time and good luck

Míra