[SOLVED] "Warning, your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP"

I juz want to share... I use prestashop 1.4.1 but when I translate module translation in my back office, it always appears :

Warning, your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limit the maximum number of fields to post in a form :
1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.
1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin post and request limit to 4252 at least. or edit the translation file manually.

But the I solve the solution :
1. Create file "php.ini" in your admin directory.
2. add this code in "php.ini" that you just create.

suhosin.post.max_vars=4252    
suhosin.request.max_vars=4252

Then juz refresh your browser...

I hope this help..

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I juz want to share... I use prestashop 1.4.1 but when I translate module translation in my back office, it always appears :

But the I solve the solution :

1. Create file "php.ini" in your admin directory.

2. add this code in "php.ini" that you just create.

suhosin.post.max_vars=4252	
suhosin.request.max_vars=4252

Then juz refresh your browser...

I hope this help..

Works on my 1.4.7.0, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

How can this Topic be marked as "SOLVED"?

This is not final solution for this kind of issue because I have still problems even after creating needed "php.ini" file >>> After adding that file I can open the Modules translations but many early translated words came back in English language (Cart, New products...)

Has anyone noticed that since added "php.ini"???

Hi OnlineTrader,

I've also had the same issue, and so I found myself in this thread.

I contacted my hosting provider first, like suggested in the warning. They changed the suhosin post limit for me, and the warning went away for the front office translation. However, I needed the limit to be higher for the modules translation.

So I contacted my hosting provider again, asking is there anyway that they can disable having a suhosin post limit. However, they replied that I can just change the limit any time I wanted to in the php.ini in the public_html folder.

So, before you do this next step, please backup your original php.ini file. Then you open up the php.ini and find the filtering options. Under that, modify the figure in red:

Filtering Options

suhosin.request.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.get.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.cookie.max_vars = 100000

I changed my limit to 100,000. I figured 100,000 should be a big enough figure that I won't ever need to use. :rolleyes:

This edit worked for me, and maybe it will for you. I'm puzzled why the solution in this thread suggested to make a new php.ini when in my case, it was already there since the beginning.

Anyway, good luck in solving your problem!

Hi OnlineTrader,

I've also had the same issue, and so I found myself in this thread.

I contacted my hosting provider first, like suggested in the warning. They changed the suhosin post limit for me, and the warning went away for the front office translation. However, I needed the limit to be higher for the modules translation.

So I contacted my hosting provider again, asking is there anyway that they can disable having a suhosin post limit. However, they replied that I can just change the limit any time I wanted to in the php.ini in the public_html folder.

So, before you do this next step, please backup your original php.ini file. Then you open up the php.ini and find the filtering options. Under that, modify the figure in red:

Filtering Options

suhosin.request.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.get.max_vars = 100000

suhosin.cookie.max_vars = 100000

I changed my limit to 100,000. I figured 100,000 should be a big enough figure that I won't ever need to use. :rolleyes:

This edit worked for me, and maybe it will for you. I'm puzzled why the solution in this thread suggested to make a new php.ini when in my case, it was already there since the beginning.

Anyway, good luck in solving your problem!

Hello Xara,

Thanks for the Information... now I changed "php.ini" with next:

suhosin.request.max_vars = 8000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 8000

suhosin.get.max_vars = 8000

suhosin.cookie.max_vars = 8000

Unfortunately no use, the Modules translation remains the same, there is no change... neither one simple word. :(

Is there any need to go furter and set limit with 100,000? For me this limit seems pointless high. (maybe I'm wrong)

Best Regards

All other translation fields works fine (Front Office, Admin, PDF, Errors...) just the Modules won't change.

Strange :S

Solved WebHost "suhosin php" problem by reducing Modules in my Online PrestaShop, now is under 3600 words.

But still won't translate, won't remember words I just translated. :(

What can be the main problem???

OnlineTrader,

Sorry to hear you still haven't solved your problem. I didn't see your other thread when I made my post yesterday, but I think your problem is more than just the problem with the suhosin post limit after seeing it. Unfortunately, I don't know a word of coding, so I can't help you.

One suggestion though, if you haven't already made extensive changes to your Prestashop installation (you sound as if you've just started up? hehe), maybe you should consider uninstall and re-installing Prestashop. Or if you have made backups of the Prestashop files and database before you had any problems, you can try to restore backup and solve the suhosin post limit problem then.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Has anybody solved the translation problem? I am on a business shared hosting and they cannot elevate the phposin for translations, is there anyway that I can add the translations to file manually or directly in the database?

Have not found a fix, almost no module translations are saved. Please help.

Many thanks beforehand

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there any solution for this error:

Warning, your hosting provider limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form:

19001 for suhosin.post.max_vars

19001 for suhosin.request.max_vars

1000 for max_input_vars

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the sushosin for: 3563

I 've received this message after upgrade from 1.4.7.0. to 1.4.7.3 and suhosin was increased from 15000 to 19000.

I do not think this issue is solved.

BR,

Fecsó

What I did to solve this problem under Ubuntu.

/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

change

; max_input_vars = 1000

become

max_input_vars = 5000

Remember to uncomment the line (remove ; from the line)

/etc/php5/conf.d/suhosin.ini

change this 2 lines

;suhosin.post.max_vars = 1000

;suhosin.request.max_vars = 1000

become

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000

suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

Remember to uncomment the line (remove ; from the line)

Last step (important for changes to take its effect):

Restart apache either using control panel or ssh command like:

service apache2 restart

Remember to change back all these value back to default (with ; comment) then restart again apache after you done with your translation. This is reduce ddos vulnerabilities.

No need to add php.ini in admin directory for me. Try it but not work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the setting in php.ini file and it works very well. (PHP 5.4.3)

Find "max_input_vars", remove the semicolon ; and change 1000 to the number you want (e.g: 10000). Reset your web service.

My Prestashop version: 1.4.8.2.

Try it :) !

Edited by udml (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a similar problem working in localhost with WAMP server, changing the file

C: \ wamp \ bin \ php \ php5.3.9 \ php.ini the value max_input_vars remained the same as 1000.

After 2 hours of testing I found that I had to change the file

C: \ wamp \ bin \ apache \ Apache2.2.21 \ bin \ php.ini and it worked!

I hope I have helped someone, bye.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My host, Hetzner in Germany, does not support Suhosin nor

"max_input_vars" :/(

Therefore I cannot translate out the BO. That is a shame.

May there be a solution?

I have the same host :(

Have you solved the problem with translation?

Yes,

Im am positive that this did the trick:

33505041592.png

This string is then written into your htaccess on your host and well, in Hetzner's case, you can then edit bigger db.

I hope this helps.

PS:

If you have or had speed problems and know how to overcome then if related to Hetzner, please let me know. I think my prestashop is very slow though caches are active in the BO and accelerator too in the Hetzner console.

Yes,

Im am positive that this did the trick:

33505041592.png

Thank you for your assistance. I use Prestashop 1.5.2 and there is no Generators Tab with "Specific Configuration" field in BO. In the last prestashop the .htaccess is generated automaticaly after any changes in SEO & URLs tab. Can you show me how this lines looks in .htaccess and I will write it manualy?

Thank you

Edited by Garrik (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

im getting Warning: Your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form 1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.

1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin limit to 1441 at least or edit the translation file manually.

But in php.ini i dont have such this line suhosin.post.max_vars. and suhosin.request.max_vars , 

in php file i have max_input_vars and i set on 6000 but still im getting this error !

where is the problem ?

im getting Warning: Your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form 1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.

1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin limit to 1441 at least or edit the translation file manually.

But in php.ini i dont have such this line suhosin.post.max_vars. and suhosin.request.max_vars , 

in php file i have max_input_vars and i set on 6000 but still im getting this error !

where is the problem ?

They may not have that line in the php.ini . You should add it. Read the php.ini blog post in my signature, that should help you out. 

Keep us posted. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...