Book Store launched

meccabooks

The very first thing I noticed was your book slide - that's a good match for a bookseller. The second was "Manufacturers" on the left. I know this is a PrestaShop word but I didn't understand it & looked to see what you had put there. Is there some way to change "Manufacturers" to "Publishers"?

Scrolling down the page I immediately noticed that "Family [spam-filter]", "Islamic Finance" and "Miscellaneous" were all repeated.

The Tags dominate the page in their size and boldness and I wonder if they help you more than they distract your customers. Also I wondered what the generic computer monitor picture was doing there... I know it comes on the standard PrestaShop template but I wondered if you had kept it for an e-books (or equivalent) link. I think you should consider removing it.

When I shop an online webstore before I buy anything I actually do look at the policy, about us and contact us pages. I don't buy from any store that doesn't announce they have a legitimate address, phone number and have thought out policies in place (otherwise it's buyer beware). I noticed ALL of your pages link to the main page. It's worth spending a day creating those.

It looks like you have a fabulous start! Good luck!

Thank you so much for your feedback please see me comments below

The very first thing I noticed was your book slide - that's a good match for a bookseller. The second was "Manufacturers" on the left. I know this is a PrestaShop word but I didn't understand it & looked to see what you had put there. Is there some way to change "Manufacturers" to "Publishers"?

This has been corrected.. thanks for the catch

Scrolling down the page I immediately noticed that "Family [spam-filter]", "Islamic Finance" and "Miscellaneous" were all repeated.

Fixed...

The Tags dominate the page in their size and boldness and I wonder if they help you more than they distract your customers. Also I wondered what the generic computer monitor picture was doing there... I know it comes on the standard PrestaShop template but I wondered if you had kept it for an e-books (or equivalent) link. I think you should consider removing it.

Tags block is being used as authors.. I want to change the tag cloud to drop down menu by changing the coding... any help will be appreciated.. i could not use the supplier or publisher module for authors for various reason...
Monitor removed

When I shop an online webstore before I buy anything I actually do look at the policy, about us and contact us pages. I don't buy from any store that doesn't announce they have a legitimate address, phone number and have thought out policies in place (otherwise it's buyer beware). I noticed ALL of your pages link to the main page. It's worth spending a day creating those.

Will be added soon

It looks like you have a fabulous start! Good luck!

I really appreciate all your feedback and your valuable time

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am also working on a book store and would love to change 'Manufacturer' to 'Publisher'. Did you figure out how to do it? I will also have to deal with issue of how to include the author so that it is searchable. At the moment I am putting author name in the text description of the book, but this is clearly not ideal.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...