Specific Carrier for Supplier

homesteadcastle

Is there a way to link specific carriers to specific suppliers.

For example, our shop offers

USPS Parcel
USPS Priority
UPS Ground
UPS Air
FedEx Ground
FedEx Air

However, some of my suppliers will only ship using one or two or the companies, but not USPS, UPS, and FedEx.

How can I either do this in the back office of prestashop or how can I code this? Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hi There, im currently working on coding this, but in a slightly other way...

there is no build in function for this.

we will have to modify the order-carrier.tpl

my situation is the same.

different carrier based on supplier, but a checkout can resolve in multiple different carriers

so i am removing checkbox and making it more as an information field.

sort of like this under carrier.:

you have ordered products which is delivery from multiple warehouses therefore there will be multiple packages delivered with the carriers listed below

UPS : Item X, Item X, Item X

TNT : Item X

should be fairly easy to do, just have to write some foreach and ifs :-)

• 8 months later...

Hi diondp. Seems I am having the same problem that you described. Did you find a solution to this problem? The fact is that we want to use PrestaShop for dropshipping where each supplier has its own carriers and fees. Additionally, in my research I found that order table in db has carrier_id so it won't be possible, at a glance to associate a supplier carrier for each detail under a single order... :(

you would need to create a carrier module, and place the logic within side the module. how do you determine the supplier during checkout? what if the customer purchased items from more then 1 supplier?

we would need to discuss your exact requirements as to how to select a supplier, and which fees would be associated to each.

I would suggest you write up a simple requirements document, with your expectations of how the checkout process would work, and then I can provide you an estimate to build that module.

• 5 years later...