SOLVED Prestashop update 8.1.2 to 8.1.5 fails on updating database schema

Martin C

Update prestashop from 8.1.2 to 8.1.5 with 1-Click Upgrade  module version 5.0.1.
Updating database schema fails:
Mariadb version 10.6.17.

How can i manually execute the queries to update the database schema? Where can i find the queries?

Updating database schema...
Executing: ALTER TABLE ps_feature_flag CHANGE state state TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0'
Executing: AtTER TABLE ps_tab DROP hide_host_mode
Executing: ALTER TABLE ps_translation CHANGE `key` `key` TEXT NOT NULL COLLATE `utf8_bin`
Executing: ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods CHANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT 'current_timestamp()' , CHANGE updated_at updated_at DATETIME NOT NULL
19:32:17 CRITICAL [console] Error thrown while running command "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign --env=prod". Message: "An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE ps_C CHANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT 'current_timestamp()' , CHANGE updated_at updated_at DATETIME NOT NULL':
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1067 Invalid default value for 'created_at'" ["exception" => Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException { …},"command" => "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign --env=prod","message" => """ An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods CHANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT 'current_timestamp()' , CHANGE updated_at updated_at DATETIME NOT NULL':\n \n SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1067 Invalid default value for 'created_at' """]
In AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 128:
An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods CH
ANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT 'current_timestamp()'
, CHANGE updated_at updated_at DATETIME NOT NULL':
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1067 Invalid default val
ue for 'created_at'
In Exception.php line 18:
ue for 'created_at'
In PDOConnection.php line 141:
ue for 'created_at'
prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--id_shop [ID_SHOP]] [--id_shop_group [ID_SHOP_GROUP]] [--]

Edited by Martin C
solved the issue (see edit history)

• Martin C changed the title to Prestashop update 8.1.2 to 8.1.5 fails on updating database schema
14 minutes ago, Martin C said:

How can i manually execute the queries to update the database schema? Where can i find the queries?

Make a back up first, you can edit the database over BO and over PhPmyadmin.

Yes i know that but i want to know which changes you have to make to fully update the database schema. I found out that the queries are made on the fly by the UpdateSchemaCommand.php file.

Is it only the table ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods which fails or is the update script stepping out of the function because of the error and there are more tables which must be altered?

Martin

Probably the query is wrong:

ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods CHANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT 'current_timestamp()'

This must be without quotes to be accepted by MariaDB:

ALTER TABLE ps_bk_payment_methods CHANGE created_at created_at DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT current_timestamp()

IS MySQL configured wrong or is it a prestashop upgrade bug?

• Martin C changed the title to SOLVED Prestashop update 8.1.2 to 8.1.5 fails on updating database schema