Beware of the module " PrestaShop Marketplace" for backoffice

Phiip

Since I installed this module " PrestaShop Marketplace" for backoffice I've had a bunch of errors with my Prestashop (8.1.1).

So I want to uninstal it to see if it is or not causing all my problems. But it is not possible to uninstal it...

It is not in the module manager list.

I contacted the support whose solution was to rename the ps MBO folder directly in the FTP. It didn't work, since this module has embeded itself in a lot of pages :) the backoffice became a graveyard of errors 502...

My advice is beware of this module, it seems untested in PS 8 and quite dangerous.

If anyone has any idea on how to remove it ? Thanks.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Nickz said:

Over FTP rename it and than delete it.

Hello Nickz, we tried to rename it, and most of the backoffice pages stopped working. Are you sure deleting it after will suffice ? Seems it has modified every page in the back office.

Here's the error I get :

lryfREuUGWBe4wBM.thumb.png.e6da19af387769ea6ec915b092f4867d.png

Edited by Phiip (see edit history)

Thanks for the answer. It's impossible to deactivate this specific module via the backoffice (or if it is didn't find how). Doesn't appear in the module list (it's one of the reason I said beware of this module, it's not a normal one)

I'm trying to avoid the "old backup" solution as you can imagine. My last is three months old.

Hi.

If you don't see "Marketplace" in the list of ps_mbo modules, then the problem is in the ./var/modules folder

If you see the ps_mbo folder there, delete it.

Don't forget to clear the cache, or rename and delete the ./var/cache/dev and ./var/cache/prod folders

image.png.925cd68ba878fb346ac699ca926a2e11.png

Edited by ps8modules.com (see edit history)

On 3/1/2024 at 5:37 PM, ps8modules.com said:

Hi.

If you don't see "Marketplace" in the list of ps_mbo modules, then the problem is in the ./var/modules folder

If you see the ps_mbo folder there, delete it.

Don't forget to clear the cache, or rename and delete the ./var/cache/dev and ./var/cache/prod folders

image.png.925cd68ba878fb346ac699ca926a2e11.png

When I  did rename the folder, the backoffice crashed so I stopped :

image.thumb.png.bf8155969ac930302e4a33d6e3d7bc66.png

The module has embedded itself in all the backoffice files. There is no installation procedure that exists no "unistall" menu. This module should not be published without a clear warning.

I'll have to reverse to an old backup....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well I already lost days of income due to that st*pid module.

Prestashop support is no help at all, they are here to sell the product, they don't care if it works or not. I mean,the module crashed my shop and what does the guy say ? Still trying to sell that insane module...

image.thumb.png.5a16ec9afaf770cbbcdb0359042ab5fb.png

I guess I don't have a choice but to reverse.

Well thanks for all the advice and offers of help. It really is a nice forum.

After being quite insistent I got a fix from the support. If it still holds tomorrow I'll share it here. I found it quite impressive :))

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hello, the fix worked, kinda.

image.png.d722f68ec0a01d15c52e2645eb41d279.png

The module is now deactivated but it's still in the menu and the users list where you can't remove it from the backoffice.

Consequence : the shop is now wayyyyyyyy faster. Module was really slowing it down a lot. It was not the cause of the crash but it  was an aggravating factor.