Upgrade from 8.1.0 to 8.1.2 really slow! Need to cancel

Hello, 

I just started to upgrade with OneClick last night but the process is incredibly slow in the backup phase - our shop has about 40GB and runs on an up to date server hardware with php 8.2.7 but it took more than 5h to get about 50% of the backup done. Usually the whole process is done in under 1h (if I remember my upgrades from the last shop)

The shop itself was migrated from 1.7.x to a fresh out of the box 8.1.0 shop some time ago. This is my first upgrade of an 8.x shop.

Two questions:

• I did not find reports of OneClick upgrades being so slow - have you ever experienced something like this? 
  • Bad timing on my part (Christmas sale...) but is there a way to safely stop the upgrade while it is still doing the backup?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BeeJayF
forgot php version (see edit history)

Thanks for the hint!

I just did an upgrade with the backup function of my hoster

Backup took maybe 10 minutes - the upgrade from 8.1.0 to 8.1.2 took less than a minute - I am super happy with that. In the future I might think about not waiting to around midnight to upgrade and do this during business hours - customers won't really notice -  that is unless I don't have to roll back 😉 

from my point of view: -SOLVED-