Upgrade problems PS 8.0.4 -8.1 ps_shop_url' doesn't exist

I've been using PS for a while (since1.7) on a shared hosting. The upgrade process never went smooth, but somehow I could fix it, but since I'm on Prestashop 8.0.x it got worse...

So I tried to upgrade to 8.1 since the changelog states many things got improved.

I made a backup yesterday, but decided to do the upgrade today.

Since I made a backup last night, I didn't make a new one, but forgot that I got an order in between.

The upgrade failed and I get:

[PrestaShopException]

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'myshop.ps_shop_url' doesn't exist
at line 151 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

146. protected function _query($sql) 147. { 148. try { 149. return $this->link->query($sql); 150. } catch (\PDOException $exception) { 151. throw new PrestaShopException($exception->getMessage(), (int) $exception->getCode(), $exception); 152. } 153. } 154. 155. /** 156. * Returns the next row from the result set.

DbPDOCore->_query - [line 377 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]

DbCore->query - [line 614 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]

DbCore->executeS - [line 1356 - classes/shop/Shop.php] - [1 Arguments]

ShopCore::findShopByHost - [line 351 - classes/shop/Shop.php] - [1 Arguments]

ShopCore::initialize - [line 117 - config/config.inc.php]

require - [line 39 - admin/index.php] - [1 Arguments]

The integrated rollback did not work so now I'm stuck with an incomplete backup on a not working system!

Any chances to fix it?

Sure, fixing shouldn't be a problem.

The first thing you should do is to have a look at the database. The upgrade shouldn't change anything with ps_shop_url, so it is rather mysterious that it is missing. Does the database contain any tables at all?

You say that you made a backup the day before. So it should not be hard to restore that.

If you didn't switch them off Prestashop made a backup too when it did the upgrade. That is stored under your admin directory. Unzipping the files is quite easy. Unzipping the database is a bit more complicated but my Prestools offers a free solution for that under Shop rescue.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

I didn't know howto retrieve the backups made by the upgrade procedure. I was just asked to restore it, when the upgrade failed, but the restoration crashed as well...

So now I managed to restore the state just before I started the upgrade.

There was just another problem with the backoffice integration module, but after I removed it, everything worked:)

So thanks a lot!!