After uploading prestashop files to server (plesk) prestashop installation won't start. Takes me to Plesk login.

Hi everyone, if anyone could please help me I would be very grateful. I am attempting to open a Prestashop account on a new domain. My domain has been purchased with 123reg & my server is Plesk.

I've added my domain to Plesk & changed DNS settings on 123reg to point to correct IP address. Then I've created a database that can connect to Prestashop.

The issue I am experiencing happens after I've then uploaded prestashop files to the server. I am doing everything it says to do in online tutorials, but its not working. I've extracted the zipped folder and uploaded the 3 prestashop files to my server (see screenshot attached). For reference, unzipping the last file in my server is possible & doesn't change the fact it isn't working.

When I go to open my domain in the web to begin the prestashop installation it never starts, all I am ever shown is the Plesk login page (see screenshot attached).

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you so much.

files.png.e780b639a6f49999c3dc589273eeeb38.png

plesk.png

3 hours ago, JBW said:

Delete index.html, thats your server default page. Prestashop will use index.php

Thanks so much JBW, that has enabled me to start the installation process. However, on the final stage of it I am getting this error: 1: HTTP 500 - error - {"success":false,"message":{"ps_edition_basic":["Cannot install module \"ps_edition_basic\""]}} (see screenshot attached).

Do you know why this might be?

Many thanks,

-Layton.

error.png

Seems you downloaded basic edition and it's module installation failed due to whatever reason (you might be able to see it in the server logs). I would recommend to download the normal edition (you can install the module later if you want)

• Like 1

If you search this forum for "ps_edition_basic" you will see that this has been discussed before.

The problem is that ps_edition_basic needs PHP 8.1 and it looks like you have a lower version. The solution is that after you get this error message you go into the file system and delete this module under the Modules directory. After that you can click ön "clicking here" to restart the installation process.

Despite its name ps_edition_basic is a rather obscure module that you don't need.

• Like 1

Hi,

A similar issue I've encountered these days with this module, which after trying to update it from Module Manager(without knowing anything about it(, it generated Error 500 to my entire website:

[26-Nov-2023 07:31:32 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 7.3.33.

I have restored a previous back-up and deleted the module, which fixed up my issue.

Regards

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:01 AM, JBW said:

Seems you downloaded basic edition and it's module installation failed due to whatever reason (you might be able to see it in the server logs). I would recommend to download the normal edition (you can install the module later if you want)

I downloaded the normal edition and it is now all working. Many thanks for your help :)