update from 1.7.8.10 to 8.1.2 fails due to ps_edition_basic Major Problem!

Hi,

I tried copying my site and upgrading using the 1-click upgrade module.

my site is on 1.7.8.10 which wont work on php 8.* so is running the latest php 7

During upgrade I get this error

/modules/ps_edition_basic/vendor/composer/platform_check.php line 24 - Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 7.4.33.

and then the update stops.

Surely this is a major bug ?

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Nickz said:

Don't think so.
More likely is that a module is not able to follow through.
Hopefully you made all back ups for your shop before venturing into the 1 click update?

It was a copy of the live shop.

The update now installs the new basic b.o theme, which is a module (ps_edition_basic), and that is where the problem is.
It stop when installing that module due to the module now only supporting php 8.1+

Its not an option to install that module so everyone now updating from any 1.7.* store should encounter that error.

Im thinking of copying the site again, get to to the update page and change the php to 8.2 before clicking the update button.

UPDATE: Dont try that, the install fails during copying files.

Looks like we will have to update to 8.0 first, swap the php version, then update to 8.2 until that bug is fixed.

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MerseyRay said:

Looks like we will have to update to 8.0 first, swap the php version, then update to 8.2 until that bug is fixed.

Make sure you comply with all dependencies a localhost needs to fullfill. Liberiers you have to install....

This is on my online server and I have a clean install of 8 working fine.  Ive used the clean install to make a new theme.

Now its just when im attempting to update a copy of the live store.

Also, the working 8 version I was using, was working fine on php 7 unitl I updated the 1 module ps_edition_basic. That also throws the error up, so its not just when updating the store.  If you are running ps8 on php 7 and update that module, you will probably see the same error.

I have tried this numerous times now and still not able to update to 8.2 from 1.7.8.10

Its stops at this point

image.png.933b09bdc539856b5c30239266359cf6.png

image.png.052ee51fd262aedf94c47ff0b6dcd91b.png

image.thumb.png.d4be85fd03afaf2c698365a2ad178004.png

Because the current shop is 1.7.8.10 we cannot switch the site to run PHP8 as its not supported, and during the upgrade it installs ps_edition_basic which wont work on PHP 7.4.33 as you can see in the Error above.

How are we supposed to update ?

• Ray UK changed the title to update from 1.7.8.10 to 8.1.2 fails due to ps_edition_basic Major Problem!
5 minutes ago, Nickz said:

usually a shop owner concentrates on selling, not in working in his shop.
Does your shop work?, well then go ahead and promote it. ;)

Yes the current shop is working, but I want to update for the new features etc.  Im also working on other customers site which are running Prestashop too.

Im trying to do both lol

• 1 month later...

Hi

This issue is not fixed. Upgrade from 8.1 impossible because of this ps_edition_basic module. And also another one, ps_mbo that is said "missing".  I'm trying to work without these modules but not possible. I get a "Oups" message ....

The 8 version is announced to work from php 7.4 to 8. Is it correct ? 

I'm coming from Opencart. I was told that Prestashop was better/easier. So I wanted to give it a try.  Well... first contact is not that smooth...  I'm wondering if this latest version is really stable.   🤔

Edited by fredfinger (see edit history)