Stock control from XML feed by supplier

Hi,

We previously had an automatic stock control module from our supplier which referenced a supplied XML feed every hour and updated our stock levels to match.

They ceased to update this module for PS 1.7, so when we upgraded we lost the ability for stock levels to be automated. This is a problem, because it means we either have to manually check the stock levels of hundreds of items every day, or risk customers ordering items which are out of stock.

We have an XML feed we can reference for current stock levels, but we need a module to routinely reference this feed and auto update our stock levels accordingly.

I have been searching all the modules and I cannot find one which does this simple task, I'm also shocked that PS still doesn't have this feature as a core function, considering it's a primary need for almost all online retail where stock isn't held.

I just need a module that lets me add the XML feed to reference, when to reference it, and what to change on the corresponding product (stock level).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

A simple script is enough for this kind of a feature. The thing is that every XML file may have a different structure, that's why it's hard for something like this to be a built in feature in PrestaShop.

Also, the products may be referenced by SKU, sometimes by EAN, so it all depends.

I specialize in data import solutions for PrestaShop so I can create such a script for you. It will be robust enough to keep working even after many core PrestaShop upgrades :)

19 minutes ago, Daresh said:

A simple script is enough for this kind of a feature. The thing is that every XML file may have a different structure, that's why it's hard for something like this to be a built in feature in PrestaShop.

Also, the products may be referenced by SKU, sometimes by EAN, so it all depends.

I specialize in data import solutions for PrestaShop so I can create such a script for you. It will be robust enough to keep working even after many core PrestaShop upgrades :)

Thank you for the quick reply Daresh.

I have send you a message.

• Like 1