prestashop addons, module is gone and what are you going to do to us?

c64girl

Unfortunately but I have to share some unpleasant information about the treatment of me as a customer who left some money in prestashop addons. The story is about a module that I purchased in 2021 and this year I can't download any version even though I paid for it. The module is called Creative Popup WebshopWorks and it is on my list as purchased but with one but. It cannot be downloaded in any way it shows that it was never installed. In contacting support I learned that they are not responsible for the modules, so I reported to the author who wrote me to contact support because he is responsible for the panel site. I want to emphasize that I do not care about support or the new version. I want the old version that was the last to be downloaded when i bought it.

So I was left without money and without the module I paid for. Advice to all of you not to delude yourself that someday you will download a module from the panel. Because it may turn out that it is impossible to download it.

module.png

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)

Prestashop addons is not required to keep a version history of several years. Only the latest versions of the module are available to you for the duration of the valid subscription. You buy the module and it is clearly stated until when the upgrade is valid, etc. We do not believe that you did not download the module and use it somewhere.

On 10/13/2023 at 6:28 PM, musicmaster said:

Your picture contradicts your story.

If i click on download button nothing show up and i cant pick anything from there.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Prestashop addons is not required to keep a version history of several years. Only the latest versions of the module are available to you for the duration of the valid subscription. You buy the module and it is clearly stated until when the upgrade is valid, etc. We do not believe that you did not download the module and use it somewhere.

Well they have something like this in terms

https://addons.prestashop.com/pdf/terms/terms-and-conditions-customer-addons.pdf

3. Availability of PrestaShop Addons PrestaShop shall make its best efforts to make the download of Addons accessible from its website 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, without interruption other than that required for the curative and evolving maintenance of PrestaShop Addons. The Customer’s attention is specifically drawn to the fact that the PrestaShop Addons is, like any website, and more generally like any IT application, likely to suffer malfunctions, anomalies, errors or interruptions. PrestaShop provides no specific guarantees to the Customer regarding the uninterrupted operation of PrestaShop Addons and the Account. PrestaShop accepts no performance obligations in terms of service levels, whether for time to service or fix. In this regard, PrestaShop accepts only a best efforts obligation. PrestaShop cannot guarantee that a fix can be found for reported incidents and issues.

Hi.

The developer uploads module updates to addons, for example due to bug fixes, security fixes or added functions. Once a new version is uploaded and approved by addons, the new version will replace the old version. The old version is no longer available. You as a customer get full support from the developer for the first 12 months, if you purchase extended support, you get support for the next 12 months. If the developer changes the version of the module during your 12 month period, it is available to you. In your case, after 3 years, several new versions were released and you are not entitled to them.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

The bad thing lately is that a developer or agency buys one module and wants to install it on more than one domain. I have received negative feedback for not publishing my modules on addons. I have them well protected against abuse on multiple domains. I'd rather not have 1 cheater and lose 10 purchases. One thief can rob me of 100 licenses (if it's an agency or a developer)

On 10/17/2023 at 5:45 AM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

The developer uploads module updates to addons, for example due to bug fixes, security fixes or added functions. Once a new version is uploaded and approved by addons, the new version will replace the old version. The old version is no longer available. You as a customer get full support from the developer for the first 12 months, if you purchase extended support, you get support for the next 12 months. If the developer changes the version of the module during your 12 month period, it is available to you. In your case, after 3 years, several new versions were released and you are not entitled to them.

It's not true i had a installation of v1.6.8 and the new version is v1.6.10. So uploaded version deleted all before versions so i cant download none of them?

In my opinion, this is a deliberate action so that the module can not be downloaded once again by a user without support even an older version. Maybe prestashop should introduce one click download and disable downloading. If module authors want to enrich themselves in such a way. As I wrote earlier I have from 30 modules even from 2019 and none of them has such a problem.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:59 AM, ps8moduly.cz said:

The bad thing lately is that a developer or agency buys one module and wants to install it on more than one domain. I have received negative feedback for not publishing my modules on addons. I have them well protected against abuse on multiple domains. I'd rather not have 1 cheater and lose 10 purchases. One thief can rob me of 100 licenses (if it's an agency or a developer)

Remember that putting a malicous code to modules that show back office links is not legal. So if You put a image in your module that links to Your server and You see where the module is installed You braking the RODO law. Because in server logs You can see back office links to sites that module have been installed,

1 minute ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi

I have no problem downloading any module in the latest authorized version despite not subscribing to the support option.

However, I don't know where you got the screenshot of your first post, so I couldn't reproduce it.

I have no problem downloading too. Only problem is with the module Creative Popup by: WebshopWorks

il y a 1 minute, c64girl a dit :

I have no problem downloading too. Only problem is with the module Creative Popup by: WebshopWorks

Ok, I hadn't understood that your problem only affects one and only one module on all your purchases, so it's difficult to answer you for such a specific case in view of the fact that we have no influence on the commercial practices of the Addons platform, which has no connection whatsoever with the users or participants in the Open Source solution.

11 minutes ago, Mediacom87 said:

Ok, I hadn't understood that your problem only affects one and only one module on all your purchases, so it's difficult to answer you for such a specific case in view of the fact that we have no influence on the commercial practices of the Addons platform, which has no connection whatsoever with the users or participants in the Open Source solution.

This is how it looks like video:

https://streamable.com/jfqbav

There is a multitude of factors on the Addons marketplace that might cause the issue - it "seems" they are pushing to keep active one version of each "paid" version of a specific module - eg if you purchased version 4.3 and they have 4.3,4.4,4.5 uploaded initially, then a paid upgrade is uploaded for version "5.0" they will keep active only versions "4.5" and "5" none of which you have purchased - it is still somewhat of a bug or limitation of how they manage the purchase of module versions.

On 10/20/2023 at 12:02 AM, Mediacom87 said:

That's why all other versions has been deleted from addon (by addon or the author, idk).

But to force people to pay once again for a security fix evaluated critical (9.8), it's a bit sad 😕

I recommend to find another module more secure and by an author who care a bit about security more than his wallet.

• Like 1

And finally we find out that I didn't pay my extended support and I'm crying. The developer issued a security update to a newer version of the module than he was entitled to within his term.

😃

I do my best for my customers and I don't limit them to which version they use. I always have the latest version available for them including free upgrades.

Do you think that addons have a full warranty? It is not and will not be. Addoons is responsible for purchasing and deducting commission from developers. And that's the end of it.

Did any of you get a direct link to the developer from addons?

3 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

And finally we find out that I didn't pay my extended support and I'm crying. The developer issued a security update to a newer version of the module than he was entitled to within his term.

😃

I do my best for my customers and I don't limit them to which version they use. I always have the latest version available for them including free upgrades.

Do you think that addons have a full warranty? It is not and will not be. Addoons is responsible for purchasing and deducting commission from developers. And that's the end of it.

Did any of you get a direct link to the developer from addons?

I did not any help from dev. He posted to contact prestashop support 😕

The autor care more about his wallet.

On 10/21/2023 at 7:18 AM, yama said:

That's why all other versions has been deleted from addon (by addon or the author, idk).

But to force people to pay once again for a security fix evaluated critical (9.8), it's a bit sad 😕

I recommend to find another module more secure and by an author who care a bit about security more than his wallet.

Yes it seems autor have deleted all versions before to hide the exploit. He did not even send info to people who bought his product to free update or even paid update.

He wanted to hide this from users?

This is unacceptable