Admin backoffice is broken (not login in and memory leak)

rajautbayesia

Good morning everyone.

I'm having an issue i couldn't find anyone having.

I can't login in the backoffice. When i do that, it loads indefinitely, php taking 100% of one cpu and slowly eating memory.

The last thing i could do that seems to have triggered that, is generating template email. That did the same behavior, only to be stopped by php time restraint. When i updated php settings to increase that time restraint, i could no longer login. Without time or memory constraint, php will hog all the memory over time, until the OOM reaper kills it.

Weirdly, myself can't login on my account, my boss can't login on his account (same behiavour)... but a colleague still can. The shop is super slow although working, and there's nothing in the logs. Nowhere, not in apache, not in symfony prod logs, not in prestashop logs. Everything seems to be working except it's not.

Running on docker, on a custom image build upon the prestashop/prestashop:1.7.8.5-7.4-apache image. (the custom part just include some more internal scripts, the prestashop version, php and apache versions are untouched)

I am currently lost. Could someone help me?

Thank your for your attention.

EDIT : After importing the database onto another prestashop instance, the same problems occurs. It then seems to be database related, not filesystem related. Still no clue what's broken.

Edited by rajautbayesia
added edit (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Did you try to enable profiling? 

https://dh42.com/blog/prestashop-debug-profiling/

Hi mate, thanks for answering.

I happen to be familiar with the symfony profiler (former symfony developper), but them problem is : the code never stops until killed by a constraint (time, memory) thus the profiler just doesn't work.

Edited by rajautbayesia (see edit history)

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Any sign of javascript trouble?

Nope, its related to the database somehow.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, rajautbayesia said:

EDIT : After importing the database onto another prestashop instance, the same problems occurs. It then seems to be database related, not filesystem related. Still no clue what's broken.

:)