PS Checkout logs me out everytime an update is available

USB83

Hi,

Every time an update is available for ps_checkout module, it logs me off my account and I need to re-authenticate once again

This creates many problems

The main one is tha payment is disabled and customers can no longer place order !!!

When i update the module and try to re-authenticate, i get messages telling me that my store is already connected to a ps_account / ps_checkout and that :

You can only associate your shop with one account. So be sure to choose the right one!

I then tried logging in/out to re-associate the store

Then i get an error message saying that an error occured and that I need to de-activate re-activate the ps_checkout (PrestaShop Checkout) module to re-configure it from scratch

Am I the only one experiencing this nonsense ?

Thanks

ps version : 1.7.8.9

• Like 1

I have the exact same problem, it happened to me on August 30th 2023 and on September 01st 2023. Prestashop checkout logs me out, customers can't buy and we lose a lot of money since our ads keep spending.

The problem is solved by resetting the module and reconfiguring it from scratch. You need to reconnect both Prestashop and PayPal accounts.

However, it is not acceptable to be logged out. We throw money into ads and customers can't pay.

I think we need to open a ticket with module support.

ps_checkout-error.png

• Like 1

Yep, we're having the exact same issue guys!

It seems very coincidental that on the 01/09 our PrestaShop checkout module also logged itself out. 

This has happened to us about 10 times now and every single time, we think it's something we've done like upload another new module or done lots of product updates that has caused it, having not done anything for several days it's just broken on us AGAIN, we're becoming tired of it... 

Anybody out there have any solid suggestions for best payment gateways that they have used without issue for years? We are using an apple pay module alongside prestashop checkout at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated it, it's stressing us RIGHT OUT!! 

• Like 1

Just adding to the notes, I've had Prestashop Checkout issues for about 2 weeks straight, and it seems all issues are based on the connection with Prestashop Accounts module. Besides the random store unlinking as being discussed, I had a url associated on my account that was never manually added and the disassociate button didn't work. After a bunch of back and forth with the help contact we finally got that resolved only to have it disconnect at random several more times this week, today being totally broken declaring "Your shop could not be associated with your PrestaShop account" when trying to re-link.

Considering anyone's Prestashop Account has very little information, this forced connection seems quite unnecessary to run Prestashop Checkout and has been nothing but added issues since it's forced integration.

• Like 1

Response from Prestashop support:

We invite you first to clear the cash of your store from the Back-Office of your site (Advanced parameters --> Performance --> Clear cache)
Then Reset the module Ps_Account and reconfigure it again,
Finally, reset the Ps_Checkout module and configure it.

I hope it works and can be useful to someone.

This is happening on all 5 stores we have as well, seems crazy it needs a connection to the accounts. We have tried clearing the cache and still haven't had any success.

Does anyone have any other module they recommend that use Paypal but can pay by card? We get good rates from Paypal so can't really move away from that.

10 hours ago, ChrisDB said:

This is happening on all 5 stores we have as well, seems crazy it needs a connection to the accounts. We have tried clearing the cache and still haven't had any success.

Does anyone have any other module they recommend that use Paypal but can pay by card? We get good rates from Paypal so can't really move away from that.

You could use the PayPal Official module in combination with the Stripe module, but by doing so you will have the money in two separate accounts and you will not have the other local payments offered by Prestashop Checkout (Sofort, MyBank etc.)

However, I updated Prestashop to version v8.1.1, Prestashop Checkout to version v8.3.4.0 and the Prestashop Account module to version v6.2.6. Let's hope the problem doesn't arise again.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:28 PM, Mirogord said:

You could use the PayPal Official module in combination with the Stripe module, but by doing so you will have the money in two separate accounts and you will not have the other local payments offered by Prestashop Checkout (Sofort, MyBank etc.)

However, I updated Prestashop to version v8.1.1, Prestashop Checkout to version v8.3.4.0 and the Prestashop Account module to version v6.2.6. Let's hope the problem doesn't arise again.

We get a lot better rates from Paypal so trying to avoid this but may have to, going to upgrade one of our stores to see if we have any issues. Still can't understand the need for having the accounts module tied in with payments, it worked perfectly for years without!

On 9/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, PrestaHeroes USA said:

we do not recommend ps checkout unless you  can not get separate module  for the payment method you want to offer on  your shop, otherwise I strongly recommend you remove and use standalone payment modules...

Do you know of any modules that use Paypal as the provider but can pay with card on site instead of redirecting to Paypal? This is the reason we use the main plugin for this capability as most of the Paypal modules I can find just redirect you. We get great rates with Paypal so can't move away from them.

4 hours ago, ChrisDB said:

Do you know of any modules that use Paypal as the provider but can pay with card on site instead of redirecting to Paypal? This is the reason we use the main plugin for this capability as most of the Paypal modules I can find just redirect you. We get great rates with Paypal so can't move away from them.

luckly again there are paypal modules on addons, these were removed to push people to ps checkout....those were dark days for many  loool  I hear reports from some believers (wishful thinkers) that ps chekout ok 'now', I'm in the don't believe club.

here is link to addons search paypal.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=paypal

this module has worked well for larger client....

image.thumb.png.53ff91fb6c2ff1700726becc723a60bf.png