Prestashop Checkout showing "Expected an order id to be passed", unable to pay

Flems

Hello,

We are almost finished with our webstore but we have found ourselves with a big problem.

We are trying to use Prestashop Checkout as our payment module, Paypal business account and store are already linked and payment options are displayed as they should during checkout.

The problem is: when checking any payment method, and clicking on the pay-button (in this case: Creditcard, see images), we see the paypal window pop up for a split second before dissappearing and showing a red banner error message saying "Expected an order id to be passed".

Things we have tried to resolve this issue are:

• Reinstalling the module & entering all the shop and Paypal business details again
  • Checking the SEO/friendly URL's for any spaces for all languages we are using
  • Trying out the standard Paypal payment module, which also threw errors (please see log image!)
  • All of the above with and without Maintenance Mode

We are trying our best but we're not experts; this is our first time with e-commerce/Prestashop and are having a difficult time Googling this exact issue with this module.

Is there someone that can guide us to the correct path or have experienced this same issue with a working solution?

Thank you, kind regards 👍

PS: this is my first post, if I have made any mistakes according to the TOS or the general etiquette, please notify me here so I can correct them

10ab1c0afcf94d4dac7d15b49167d619.png

2efba167529094434695fb6d37a08121.png

e3ce7e6910fbf5a93ee349dae7354103.png

The solution has been found; it turns out the ISO-code of the customer's country(s) were misconfigured (in our case: Belgium).

https://developer.paypal.com/api/rest/reference/country-codes/

Belgium's ISO code was 'BEL' in stead of 'BE', after this change the Prestashop Checkout module worked as it should.

I hope this solution finds someone with the same problem 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2023 at 3:05 PM, Flems said:

The solution has been found; it turns out the ISO-code of the customer's country(s) were misconfigured (in our case: Belgium).

https://developer.paypal.com/api/rest/reference/country-codes/

Belgium's ISO code was 'BEL' in stead of 'BE', after this change the Prestashop Checkout module worked as it should.

I hope this solution finds someone with the same problem 😀

I have the same problem im from greece i dont understand how to fix it

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 5:15 PM, Flems said:

Hello,

We are almost finished with our webstore but we have found ourselves with a big problem.

We are trying to use Prestashop Checkout as our payment module, Paypal business account and store are already linked and payment options are displayed as they should during checkout.

The problem is: when checking any payment method, and clicking on the pay-button (in this case: Creditcard, see images), we see the paypal window pop up for a split second before dissappearing and showing a red banner error message saying "Expected an order id to be passed".

Things we have tried to resolve this issue are:

• Reinstalling the module & entering all the shop and Paypal business details again
  • Checking the SEO/friendly URL's for any spaces for all languages we are using
  • Trying out the standard Paypal payment module, which also threw errors (please see log image!)
  • All of the above with and without Maintenance Mode

We are trying our best but we're not experts; this is our first time with e-commerce/Prestashop and are having a difficult time Googling this exact issue with this module.

Is there someone that can guide us to the correct path or have experienced this same issue with a working solution?

Thank you, kind regards 👍

PS: this is my first post, if I have made any mistakes according to the TOS or the general etiquette, please notify me here so I can correct them

10ab1c0afcf94d4dac7d15b49167d619.png

2efba167529094434695fb6d37a08121.png

e3ce7e6910fbf5a93ee349dae7354103.png

I have the same problem for clients in Greece and store in Greek the country code is gr as it supposed to be but still i get this error... can someone help i think i have tried everything 

I had the issue with some languages, due to the URL of order-confirmation page that contains special characters, I fixed it by upgrading the module to latest version and change the url rewriting of order-confirmation page on BO > Shop parameters > Traffic & SEO > Edit order-confirmation > Check Rewritten URL field in all languages.

• 4 months later...

Had the same problem at Prestashop version 8.3.1 and find out that the PrestaShop Checkout module (ps_checkout) was set in Testing environment. Disable that option of PayPal sandbox testing environment and PROBLEM FIXED!

Module manager/PrestaShop Checkout built with PayPal/Configure/Manage Accout/scroll down to Testing environment and select slider to off

Edited by Inpromark (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have the same error, In my case is because my shop is customized to accept quantity with decimals. 
When a customer have a quantity with "xx,5" and try to pay with paypal of prestashop checkout they have this error.

Whit other payment modules they don't have this problem...

Any solution??