1.7.7.5 No module will update or install.

djpat99

As the title mentions - I can't upgrade any module at all. 

I have ensure the correct PHP version on the server, I have trawled internet searches and tried all suggestions without success. I can see others with the same issue with no solution. Tearing my hair out. 

I have tried both upgrading from the BO, and uploading new modules and neither work. 

When upgrading, the error message says: Cannot upgrade module "any module". Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Server logs show: AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of BWDisplay::setTemplate($template) should be compatible with FrontControllerCore::setTemplate($template, $params = Array, $locale = NULL) in /var/www/vhosts/gamer-tech.co.uk/httpdocs/modules/affinityitems/backward_compatibility/Display.php on line 30\n', referer: https://gamer-tech.co.uk/dan/index.php/improve/modules/manage?_token=YEuIIfnrztuIfiCu88EsI2_d0nfvPPYlw7LtbkbLQbI

With debug mode on the BO, the error message when an update fails changes to: Exception thrown by module "any module" on upgrade. Warning: Declaration of BWDisplay::setTemplate($template) should be compatible with FrontControllerCore::setTemplate($template, $params = Array, $locale = NULL)

Desperate for help on this :(

Edited by djpat99 (see edit history)

• djpat99 changed the title to 1.7.7.5 No module will update or install.
2 hours ago, juanrojas said:

report it to the module developer or reinstall the module or restart the module

The problem is with all modules and new ones that won't install. This seems like a Prestashop problem rather than an individual module problem. 

It's not Prestashop's fault, but one specific module that uses an outdated setTemplate call. In some modules it is clearly written with which version of Prestashop it is compatible. If the developer specified that it is compatible up to "any" version, then the problem is on the side of the module developer.

Find in problematic module:

$this->ps_versions_compliancy = ['min' = ??? 'max' => _PS_VERSION_];

_PS_VERSION_ means that it is still compatible with your version of Prestashop, but in reality it is not true.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Nickz said:

It could be a permission error, some folder with the wrong settings could cause that.

That shop comes from which version? A 1.7.xxxx or prior?

It has been 1.7 for a while. It was working on 1.7.7.5 before but just stopped. The only thing I added since the last upgrade was the Prestashop Facebook module. I have uninstalled it in case that caused issues but hasn't helped at all. 

12 minutes ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

It's not Prestashop's fault, but one specific module that uses an outdated setTemplate call. In some modules it is clearly written with which version of Prestashop it is compatible. If the developer specified that it is compatible up to "any" version, then the problem is on the side of the module developer.

Find in problematic module:

$this->ps_versions_compliancy = ['min' = ??? 'max' => _PS_VERSION_];

_PS_VERSION_ means that it is still compatible with your version of Prestashop, but in reality it is not true.

Thank you, this is something to check then. So I will go through all the module files and see if I can find one that is not compatible. I can try searching using the code you have provided. Thank you for this. 

And I guess just one bad module could cause this error for all of them?

hace 11 minutos, ps8moduly.cz dijo:

Así que será algún módulo de BW...

In 1 single message you did not fit everything you wanted to say? you write every 3 minutes one after the other does not make sense and being in this thread prestashop notifies me every 3 minutes by email

control your mind a bit, this is not whatsapp so that you write every 3 minutes, it's boring and I don't see that every 3 minutes is a contribution that leads to a solution, they should put a captcha on you and from what I see it is your tendency to do this kind of thing, it would be nice if a forum administrator would rate this performance

Thanks for the guidance so far. 

I am revisiting the issue now, and I am now getting a different error message when clicking upgrade on a module. It is:

Exception thrown by module ps_checkout on upgrade. Class Core_Foundation_Database_EntityManager does not exist

And now to make things worse for me, for some reason if I turn on debug mode, and turn it back off again, the checkout stops working. When clicking continue to checkout I get a 500 error. I'm rolling everything back now but feel like something is really broken. 

On 6/30/2023 at 9:00 AM, djpat99 said:

It has been 1.7 for a while. It was working on 1.7.7.5 before but just stopped.

That shop has history.
Why don't you make it all new? Turn those happenings into a whole new renewal.
For those occasions it's great to have a second shop as a doublette, run as double and you could just point the domain towards the double.