Error indicated in BO

CJH

I'm running version 8.0.3 and a few days ago the following message appeared in BO, in its own box top right on the dashboard:

"Oh no.. something went wrong

There has been a problem on our side. Refresh your page and if the problem persists, try again later"

I assumed that the 'our side' was with Prestashop sending some form of message that wasn't working. But refreshing the page makes no difference (the site still functions fine). So, what is the cause and what should I do? Searching for that text has not produced a result

Front works fine - both display and financial side. BO works fine (mostly*) - just this error box telling me something is wrong, but not what, other than I should refresh the page and the error is a 'problem on our side'. Refreshing makes no difference and hasn't for days.

* Some of the dashboard reports/messages continuously spin but never update; that's all the parts of the Activity Overview. But that has never worked since installing a clean v8 (then updated to .02 and now .03). They don't affect operation and as they haven't worked for months, I assumed this message is something else because it is new, a few days now.

So yes, this one message states there is a problem but not what.

Edited by CJH (see edit history)

Original build was I think January 23, as 8.01 (basically forced on me because my ISP required using a higher php than my old 1.7.x would work with). Memory says I upgraded to 8.02 as soon as it was released in March and sometime after the Activity Overview stopped updating, but everything still worked fine other than that. Updated to 8.03 when it came out early April, made no change to Activity Overview, but everything worked fine. The message appeared about a week ago - just a message, no effect on running but equally no indication what the problem is. I assume not related to Activity Overview (which I would also like to solve), because of the time difference.

Thanks to you and ComGrafPL for your replies.