How to modify the existing Prestashop in a new computer

Hello,

Im in a new company that has a prestashop, i don´t know much about prestashop, just know the basic because i made a little course about it, my boss needs some changes on the website and it might be needed to change the code.

However, every one just knows the basic, don't even know how to touch the back office right, no one understand code, (i think my company requested the prestashop team to make the website) and i have to make the changes on another computer that has no prestashop files.

Now, how i instal the prestashop? I instaled already XAMPP, but now im a bit lost on how i must proceed now.

All the help would be much appreciated.

2 godziny temu, Tiago24 napisał:

Hello,

Im in a new company that has a prestashop, i don´t know much about prestashop, just know the basic because i made a little course about it, my boss needs some changes on the website and it might be needed to change the code.

However, every one just knows the basic, don't even know how to touch the back office right, no one understand code, (i think my company requested the prestashop team to make the website) and i have to make the changes on another computer that has no prestashop files.

Now, how i instal the prestashop? I instaled already XAMPP, but now im a bit lost on how i must proceed now.

All the help would be much appreciated.

So you have a Prestashop on local PC / server? And you want to set up a second store on a separate PC or? Isnt simpler to have it on hosting service and use/ update there? Or just make a connection to primary PC with presta store and make remote changes?

Either way. Check this https://studyopedia.com/prestashop/prestashop-installation/

But like @ecommerce16 said. Changing code with no basic skills is risky.

Edited by ComGrafPL (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 6:41 PM, ecommerce16 said:

if i was a newbee i should never touch the code! Maybe the changes can be made by configuring some things but then you will have to be specific what is needed to be changed (with url).

Changing code when youre not a pro is asking for troubles.

I have some knowledge on code, just lack of professional experience,  but i don't know how much it is needed to even touch the code, because the problem is, my company created the website and then they updated to a newer version of prestashop, and the multi-store doesn't work well, they have 3 websites, each one with a different language, with the same products, but when a product is updated or added, it doesn't update to the other websites at the same time. Is this just a bad configuration that is easily solved on the back office?