301 and 404 redirections on prestashop 1.6.1.15- Looking for free Module

can I redirect old urls  (prestashop1.6.1.15) to new urls (prestashop1.6.1.15)? without buying a redirect module?

old url was: mywebsite/3-old-url/abc

New url: mywebsite/old-url/abc

how to redirect pages to the new url without buying a redirect module? 

thanks in advance

kids bunk bed      6 door wardrobe

Edited by adamthomson123 (see edit history)

• adamthomson123 changed the title to 301 and 404 redirections on prestashop 1.6.1.15- Looking for free Module
On 4/21/2023 at 10:57 AM, Olivier CLEMENCE said:

For free I don't know.

You can do it with mine here, but it's not free : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/url-redirects/86239-easy-redirect-301-302.html

Hi Oliver, when I look at redirect modules an important feature is the last time the redirect was executed.  This allows us, when there are a lot of redirects, i.e. migration to ps from other....to remove the redirects when they have old dates of last hit.  

I did not notice this in your module and something for you to consider.

=== for free 

you would place them in your .htaccess file

your can build the redirects using free online tools, for example:

https://www.rapidtables.com/web/tools/redirect-generator.html

Hi Oliver, when I look at redirect modules an important feature is the last time the redirect was executed.  This allows us, when there are a lot of redirects, i.e. migration to ps from other....to remove the redirects when they have old dates of last hit.  

I did not notice this in your module and something for you to consider.

You'r right it's a good idea. I've some improvment to add to my module so i will follow your advice in the same time !

1 hour ago, Olivier CLEMENCE said:

You'r right it's a good idea. I've some improvment to add to my module so i will follow your advice in the same time !

also consider logging 404's with alert option to admin so they can action, else they have to use 3rd party tools to discover 404's, ie. screaming frog, semrush etc.

I like that you have a hit counter already, so having date/time last hit will be good complement.  

Happy developing