Creation

Matheoecom

Hello,

I'll explain the context to you:

My name is Matheo, I am 16 years old, so I am a minor but not emancipated, and I do not plan to become emancipated. I want to start an e-commerce business and create an online store. I don't think it's really necessary to specify all the steps of my project planning. But in general, for now, I will do dropshipping, focusing on selling a sports product, and then, once I have more capital, create my own online sports brand, setting up other workout products, and especially creating my clothing and food brand. So, I am explaining this only to show that it is not just an idea, and especially because I know that when young people like me who are 16 years old with no experience and this type of project, they are not taken seriously, so it is to try to create credibility for myself so that you can take my questions seriously and your answers can be most appropriate to my situation. So, if you want more information that I did not necessarily think was necessary, let me know so I can respond quickly.

In addition, I have underlined and put in bold my questions that I asked you, so it will be easier for you to answer me and to focus on the real questions/requests.

Now, let's move on to the questions:

So, I have several questions, we can start by talking about creating the business. So, I plan to create a micro-enterprise, and I think that the best option is a SASU, so tell me your opinion on that. Otherwise, for the creation steps, I know them as an adult and also as a minor. For a minor, an agreement written by both parents is required, stating that they agree to the creation of the business by the minor, and will specify what my rights and restrictions are in the acts of administration necessary for the creation and management of the business that I can accomplish alone. However, I don't know exactly what needs to be written and if there are other requirements in addition to the normal steps of creating a SASU. For now, I have been interested in a website called "INPI":

"The National Institute of Industrial Property, abbreviated INPI, is an administrative public institution under the authority of the French Ministry of Economy, Industry, and Digital Affairs." Wikipedia.

I have taken the exact definition from Google so that everyone can have knowledge of what INPI is if they did not know. So, on this site, we can "submit a business creation window" and therefore create a micro-enterprise. I have started to fill out this form where I have specified that I am a non-emancipated minor. However, I am stuck on a question that is to provide my social security number, and I have provided it. However, I was born in Bastia, which has the postal code "2b," and that's what's on my number, and I think that's what's causing the problem, but I don't know exactly, so if you know, please let me know. I would like to know if I can create a SASU via INPI and if there will be any steps that will cause problems due to my special profile. Also, if I cannot create a SASU on INPI, what are the other places where I can do it?

Furthermore, when creating a store, you need to have a payment method such as "Stripe," "Paypal," etc. However, Stripe and Paypal are prohibited for minors, I believe, except that I read that Paypal is prohibited for individuals under 18 years old, and so if I create my micro-enterprise, I am not considered an individual for Paypal? 

Furthermore, do I need a professional PayPal account, and is it possible to create one as a minor?

As for Stripe, I started signing up but I only need an IBAN, and I talked to my dad to create a bank card for me in a neo-bank called "Kard":

"Kard is a French fintech created in late 2018 for the Generation Z and opened its services in May 2019. The company provides teenagers with a mobile application with a payment account, a Mastercard with systematic authorization, and money management features." Wikipedia.

So, is it possible/allowed to put an IBAN on Stripe or even PayPal, knowing that it comes from "Kard," which is specifically for minors?

Also, what type of PayPal account is needed for my shop, or does any type of PayPal account work?

Currently, the creation of the card is not yet finished, so if you could recommend other payment methods to other banks that are not necessarily a neo-bank that would be best suited to my situation that I described earlier and more effective than "Kard"?

Finally, as you can see, the only barriers that are holding me back are administrative ones and the creation of the bank card with "Stripe" and "PayPal."

Therefore, if you could tell me about your experiences if you started entrepreneurship as a minor, etc... Or share the experience of some people you know who were in my situation or still are, or give me direct contact with people who were or are still in my situation.

Anyway, I thank you very much for taking the time to read my article and my questions. But also, for taking the time to answer my many questions seriously.

On that note, I wish you tremendous success in your projects.

Sincerely, Matheo Guignon.

Hi Matheo

Welcome to the forum first. And even if your post is not directly related to PrestaShop but general business/entrepreneurship and it is bit long post that have many questions in one topic I will leave it to community to help out. Some questions are more for French people but  I saw you made same post in that section of forum.

And for your years, just 16, I say just go for it. You do not have experience, so what, no one is born with it, and you will get it sooner. There are probably lot of examples but here is one that first pops to my head https://spergo.com/pages/about-us really nice story and successful brand. But note it is a tough market for any new business have lot of issues. Also you may saw, there are lot of dropshipping videos of "success" with Shopify or other platforms. It is not that easy as they say. But from struggles you try to learn for future and go forward.

For PayPal and Stripe do ask directly that is sure way to have official answer. In general, I think, if you sell something you can not be individual for PayPal you will be business. But do not think you are safe, PayPal can and often do, just freeze all your income if they suspect something is against their rules. That is why I said ask them directly and have official answer.

Wish you luck with your store, and if you go with PrestaShop you can set up everything, catalog, theme, modules as well as shipping and payment modules even if they are in test mode you can go through all process and learn. And it does take some time, so even if you keep store in Catalog mode that could benefit you for SEO and Google rankings in future. And if nothing works, two years will fly so quick but in meantime you will get experience and hopefully learn a lot.

Kind regards

Laza

Also consider non-opensource, PS is if you want to learn also php/javascript and how to fix things when they go wrong.  I recommend PS for businesses that need custom solutions to meet the custom requirements for entrepreneurs whose focus in on building a product vertical and less on knowing technical things your should look at shopify or other.  If you go with PS, make sure you create early a development shop that you can test before moving to production staged shop.  

Focus on building your business and less on what's underneath, go with shopify...

Best of luck in your endeavours