1.7.8.8 - HTTP 500 Error signing into Admin Panel, after changing SQL database password

sampsonzak

So, I ran into a bug today, as I need to give a developer FTP access to one of my cloned / testing servers, I want to change the SQL password.

I went ahead and changed the MySQL user password, then updated it in the parameters.php file, uploaded. Front-end is working fine, as normal. Connecting and working.

But the back-end login, results in HTTP 500 Error, unable to log in. Not able to do anything.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? If I change the password back to the original, it works straight away?? Really confused as the front-end is working with no problems.

Thank you

Just now, jetx said:

Have you tried to completely clear your browser cache to see if the front end really is working as it should? Try from your phone maybe.

I did refresh the cache. I changed the SQL password - checked the front end - 500 internal server error (expected), updated the parameters.php with the new password - re-checked the front end - front end is working, back-end on the other hand, not working at all. Doesn't show up the "500 internal server error" prestashop error template, but rather a 500 HTTPS error Chrome page.

Tried in incognito too, same result. 

Changed SQL DB password, and updated in parameters.php (password only). No idea why this would happen?

• 3 weeks later...

So, I found another person with the same issue. This was resolved by deleting a cache folder:

Try to delete those cache's directories "dev" and "prod" .

Those directories are located here : var/cache/dev and var/cache/prod

Very weird but it's now fixed the issue.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:02 PM, sampsonzak said:

So, I found another person with the same issue. This was resolved by deleting a cache folder:

Try to delete those cache's directories "dev" and "prod" .

Those directories are located here : var/cache/dev and var/cache/prod

Very weird but it's now fixed the issue.

Yes its working...

Thank you.