Export Theme with customised settings onto a new install?

sampsonzak

Hi, I am in a dilemma and really unsure how to go about this;

I have a cloned server of my LIVE website, which I have tested upgrading to the latest version of PrestaShop, along with a brand new theme. I am editing the new theme so it is exactly how I want it, for when I upgrade on my LIVE site so it is working straight away.

But I've ran into an issue. I thought I would be able to make the changes I wanted, then go to PrestaShop admin -> Page -> Export theme, and simply import this onto my new site.

But I did this, and NO changes saved at all. The theme I am using is Electron, which has ~20 or so theme modules each with their own settings.

How do I make modifications to my theme, on my TEST (cloned) server, export ready for use on my LIVE server?

Please help !! Thank you

Export is only works for clean theme. Won't give to option to export customized one. When you're done on "test" server, move all files on live.  1 to 1. So on test you should have all modules, like on live etc. Import latest db from live to test.

After all done with theme, move it to live server / domain.

4 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

Export is only works for clean theme. Won't give to option to export customized one. When you're done on "test" server, move all files on live.  1 to 1. So on test you should have all modules, like on live etc. Import latest db from live to test.

After all done with theme, move it to live server / domain.

Wow really? Is there really no way for me to export just my theme settings/config??

Or, additionally, am I able to install a theme, and edit it - while my website shows the default theme, for example instead?? So only admins see the new theme, to make some changes to it before making it live?

Thank you

2 hours ago, endriu107 said:

Like you notice before most of your theme content is from external modules, if you want move setting from those modules you must copy proper tables and rows from database.

Are they stored in SQL database? Or can I just download all of the themes modules from FTP and upload to the new server? I don't want to mess around with the database, I was hoping it would be really simple to do this .. 

Thanks

I use Cloudways, and have just cloned my live server, so it's 1:1.

I've asked my theme dev for instructions on how to export/import all theme data/settings, waiting on a reply. I really hope this is possible, so I have as little downtime as possible. 

If it's not possible, I will write in a notepad every setting, so I can quickly fix up the template as soon as it's on my live server.

Thanks all for the help